Darkest Hour

HIGH SCHOOL ENGLISH CLASS

HIGH SCHOOL
ENGLISH CLASS

"Romeo and Juliet" lessons are on the board. Everyone's scribbling essays. Jane glances at Edward's desk; empty --

Jane's mind goes back to when he had left her outside her house last night.
Jane notices how Bella's eyes search for Edward also.

HIGH SCHOOL
CAFETERIA
  Jane sits with Bella, Jessica, Angela, Eric and Mike. They joke,throw things. Bella and Jane are distracted, looking-out for the Cullens. Jane begins to get worried.

"Where do you think they would go," Baby Doll's innocent voice echoes throughout Jane's mind.
"I don't know, baby girl," Lucy answers truthfully.

JANE'S BEDROOM
11:30 am
Edward's gold eyes scan the photos on the wall. He studies them, his expression grim. He looks down at Jane's photo album to see him and Jane on the piano. He pulls it out and takes a closer look.

THE SWAN HOUSE
3:17 pm

       Bella's Chevy truck pulls into the driveway. Her and Jane both climb out, heading toward the house but they both stop, seeing Edward. Relief washes over Jane's face.

    "Edward," Jane says his name, watching Bella hurry toward him as he stands by the main door. "Edward. You're here," Bella says. Jane was quick to notice his cold, distant face.

He wore an unreadable mask.

He looks over at Jane, then back at Bella. "Walk with me," he asks his girlfriend. Jane watches in silence as Edward gently takes Bella's small hand. Dread fills Bella, but she lets him guide her toward the woods.

     A bad feeling washes over Jane as she unlocks the front door. She felt like from this point on, things were going to get bad. Jane blocks every one who spoke to her from the Underground.

JANE'S BEDROOM
8:18pm

     Jane plays with the photos in her hand and feels a pang to the heart. Bella still hasn't returned. Something was wrong. She could feel it.

"W-What do y-y-you think ha-happend, lady J-Jane," Penny Farthing asks Jane.

    She sighs and shakes her head, "I don't know but it can't be good," she replies, shutting her eyes closed. Jane was laying on her bed with her hands by her sides and her eyes staring at the glow-in-the-dark stars on her ceiling. She traced patterns on her purple comforter, her mind flowing with thousands of thoughts.

     Jane hears a creaking on her window. She looks over and watches Edward climb into her room. She immediately stands up off the bed and walks towards him, "where the hell is Bella?" Edward looks at her with a pained expression.

"I came to apologize," he announces.

      At this her eyebrows knit in confusion. He continues, "I know you'll hate me for this but I need you to know." Jane shakes her head and says, "Edward, I could never hate you."

She spoke too soon.

     Edward walks towards her, causing her heart to race in fear. "What's happening," Baby Doll asks from the Underworld. Edward stops in front of Jane and grabs both her hands, tracing thumbs over her knuckles.

"Edward? What's wrong," Jane asks, looking at him as fear grew in her chest.

    The two had grown a lot closer ever since the dance last spring but he feared that tonight's decision would push her away.

"My family and I are leaving Forks."

     Jane hears this and her heart skips a beat. She reels, trying to take this in. "What," her voice cracks as tears threatened to spill down her cheek. She steps back, trying to understand this.

They were leaving her.

Jane is stung, as if slapped.

    His face softens at her troubled state. She knew it felt too good to be true. "You don't," she shakes her head, "have to do this." Edward's face turns cold. "I have to. You and Bella just aren't good for us."
Tears sting Jane's eyes.

      This can't be happening. He steps forward and kisses her forehead. She closes her eyes. "I promise, it will be like we never existed, Jane," he whispers against her skin. She stays quiet. He stays in the same position before pulling away.

     Jane's nostrils flare as he watches her eyes turn deadly. Her face had turned stone cold as she glares at Edward, wishing death upon him and his family right then and there. Her heart beats rapidly as a snarl forms.

Hammerhead was not happy

     "Ahh," she yells at the top of her lungs and lunges at Edward. Before he knew it he was being attacked. He falls backwards, coming in contact with the floor tiles. Hammerhead grabs the nearest thing to her — one of Bella's ballet trophies — and slams it against Edward's stone head. He tries to shield himself but fails miserably. His arms were being held back by her thighs as he lied on his stomach.

Hammerhead was too smart for him.

      Maniac screaming continues as she bangs the silver trophy across his head. The trophy quickly begins to dent around the back of his head so Hammerhead tosses it behind her and grabs onto his shoulders — he was surprised at her amount of strength— and begins to slam his head against the ground.

       He tries to peal her off him but she wasn't budging. Hammerhead was the strongest of all her alters. Tears begin to pour out her eyes as Jane weeps within the Underground. Hammerhead continues to bang his head against her floor, watching cracks form on his forehead.

      Edward snaps out of his state of shock and tosses her across the room, turning to escape but he was quickly was met with Jane's headboard. It flew his way and broke by impact. It shatters into a hundred pieces. Hammerhead screams as though she was running into war and sprints toward Edward but by the time she makes it to the other side - he's was gone.

        She claws at her face as every one in the Underworld begin to fight and argue with each other. The Shapeless Children had arrived by this point, causing Jane's body to fall to the ground. Jane's body rocks back and fourth, as it covers her face. The children repeat, "Daddy don' do it!"

     This continues for three minutes before The Nun takes over. "Shhh," she shushes, running her hand over her own hair. "It's okay," she whispers, comforting Kay's body from going into a full-on seizure like last time. "It's okay, it's okay," she continues, shushing no one in particular.

      Jane was back.

      Cheeks were bright red from crying. They had warm tears staining its surface. Jane's big brown eyes now shared the same shade as her red cheeks. They were now a puffy red color and Jane's continuous sobbing didn't help the pain she felt in the back of her throat. "F-F-Flit," she calls out for her companion, sobbing. Jane didn't have to finish her sentence as Flit overcomes the body.

He knows what to do.

Fin