Breathe In

MEDICAL ROOMA loud gasp echos through the room as a presumed dead Jane opens her eyes for the first time in eight hours

MEDICAL ROOM
A loud gasp echos through the room as a presumed dead Jane opens her eyes for the first time in eight hours. The first thing she notices is the series of bodies that stand around her - six to be exact. Only, she only recognizes four of them.

The other two, she's unfamiliar with. The first person is a woman who seems to be in her mid 20s. Her head curtains carnal colored hair. The second person is a man. He seems to be in this late 20s. His hair is a light, blonde color. One thing they share with everyone else, except for Bella - pale skin and gold eyes.

"I need a cigarette," Jane coughs, sitting up from the bed. In fact, it's not a bed. It's a leathery lounge you find in hospital rooms. Looking around, she noticed how she's in a medical room of some sort.

"I suggest you take it easy for a bit. You were presumed dead just a bit ago," Carlisle suggests, standing beside her. This isn't a shock to her. This would sometimes happen to her at Arkham. She would just lay on her bed, looking blank.

Doctors would think something wrong had happened to her, so they would run tests, upon tests on her. Turns out, this only happens when no one's in charge of the body.

"Tea," the unknown female offers. "Sure," Jane replies with a smile. She takes the delicate teacup from Esme's hands. "I'm Esme, and this is my husband Carlisle. I assume you've already met the kids," Esme asks.

"Parents? You're young enough to be Edward's daughter. Especially, with all those frowns he makes," Jane mumbles, sipping her tea. Everyone, but Bella and Edward, laugh at her comment. Even Rosalie cracks a smile.

"Here," Alice hands her, her previously worn clothes. "Oh," Jane whispers, noticing the change of clothes that wrap around her body. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Jane. We've heard a lot about you, but I can't help but wonder. Had this ever happened to you before," Carlisle asks.

Sitting up straight, Jane sets the empty cup of tea on a nearby table. "Yes. Yes, it has," she replies, wiping her lips with her wrist. She watches as Carlisle pulls out a notepad from his bag, jotting something down. "If you will excuse us, I'm going to need to evaluate her. I don't think I've ever came across anything like this," Carlisle intently stares at the girl, trying to figure her out.

"Of course. Bella's father wanted you to see this," Edward replies, pulling out a yellow file. It has different colored papers spilling out it's slit. Alongside the file, he takes out a series of CDs and DVDs. Jane doesn't help, but notice the title of one.

Kay Challis
Session 678
July 12, 1997

"Where the hell did you get this from," Jane asks, snatching the CD from Edward's hands. She sits up straight, running her fingers over it's label. "Charlie let us borrow these. He said they're from the hospital. He hopes Carlisle could evaluate you. Charlie trusts my father with his life, I hope you can do the same, Jane," he replies.