The Sin Eater

WOODSLeah, Seth and Jacob are teaching some young Quileutes how to control themselves when they turn into wolves

WOODS
Leah, Seth and Jacob are teaching some young Quileutes how to control themselves when they turn into wolves. "Now, you guys can do some serious damage. Which is why you'll need to control your phasing. If your mom pisses you off, you don't want to tear her head off," Jacob tells them. "Or your ex and his new girlfriend," Leah mumbles.

Suddenly, Seth stops as he hears something in the woods. "Leah, do you hear that," he asks his sister. Leah spins around. "Whoever's coming wasn't invited," she replies in a whisper. Jacob nods his head, allowing them to leave. He continues to train the young wolves.

Leah and Seth turn into wolves and run into the forest. They catch up and chase after two vampires who jump up some trees and then jump down. They both sit on some rocks, mocking the wolves. Then Carlisle and the other vampires find them.

"Vladimir, Stefan, you're a long way from home," Carlisle says, weary of their intentions. "What are they doing here," Kate defensively asks. "We heard the Volturi were moving against you. But that you would not stand alone," Vladimir replies, his thick accent leaks throughout his sentence.

"We didn't do what we were accused of," Carlisle tells the two vampires. "We do not care what you did, Carlisle," Vladimir assures him. "We have been waiting a millennium for the ltalian scum to be challenged," the other vampire, Stefan, continues.

"It's not our plan to fight the Volturi," Carlisle clarifies. "Shame. Aro's witnesses will be so disappointed," Vladimir replies, looking at his polished nails. "They enjoy a good fight," Stefan comments.

"Aro's witnesses," Jane asks from her spot. "Still hoping they'll listen," Vladimir asks, his eyes narrowed on Jane. "When Aro wants someone from a coven it's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime," Eleazar points out.

"So he's done this before," Jane asks, making sure she heard him correctly. "It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern," Eleazar answers her question. "Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repentant," Carlisle adds in.

"This person always has an ability. And they're always given a place with the Guard," Eleazar adds in. "This is all about Alice and Jane. He has no one like them," Edward suspects. "Which is why she left," Jane scoffs, adding things up.

"Why does he need witnesses," Emmett asks, standing beside her. "To spread the word that justice has been served. After he slaughters an entire coven," Alister replies in a whisper.

BACK AT THE HOUSE
"Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving," Amun tells his family, rushing upstairs. Confused, Jane follows him, transforming into Silver Tongue mid-way. "What do you think you're doing," she asks, eyeing the coven's leader.

"I will not allow them to come after my family and I. No level of friendship can compare to their deaths," he replies. "And where would you go? What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Jane? Or Alice? Or Edward? Actually, what's to stop them from going after your son after that? Or my fellow sisters, Kate and Zafrina? Or anyone else with a gift."