Truth

HOSPITAL, AZ10:43 pmJane has no idea where she's headed, but she keeps walking

HOSPITAL, AZ
10:43 pm
Jane has no idea where she's headed, but she keeps walking. She trusts her feet as they lead her away from the elderly couple. A smile beams onto her face as Flit makes his way to the surface. "Surfs up, dudes," he exclaims, watching two tanned men walking next to him with a surfboard. The men smile at him, nodding his way. "You're so gay," Hammerhead mutters from the Underground.

"That I am, Hammie Ham," Flit replies, dancing around a family as they walk through the hallway. His foot accidentally catches on  his shoelaces, causing him and a little girl in front of him to trip. "Shit. I'm sorry," Jane quickly apologizes, running into the surface. "Sorry," she repeats, standing up from the floor. With a glare, the girl's mother grabs her daughter's arm and leads her away from Jane.

"Sorry," Jane exclaims, waving her hand. Once they're out of the hallway, she sighs and walks away, completely embarrassed. Eventually, she finds a room in a nearby. She peaks her head inside, noticing three kids playing inside. It's a children's playroom. "Tag, you're it," the little girl exclaims. Her blonde locks sits into two mini space buns, similar to BabyDoll's as her hand clutches a brown teddy bear.

"Uh, uh. It's not fair 'cause you cheated. Cheater," the second little boy accuses. He has olive tanned skin and hazel, almond shaped eyes. A pout adorns his lips as he argues with the little girl. Then, Jane notices a third kid. He's probably two or three years older than the rest as he stands taller than them. An innocent giggle escapes his lips as he hides from the other two. He wears beige bandage over his forehead, similar to Jane.

Their eyes immediately trail toward Jane's figure as she steps into the room. The room has dark, blue carpets that lies beneath Jane's feet. The walls are covered in painted fish and mermaids. Jane waves at the girl and two boys, smiling as she sits on the children's chair. It feels uncomfortable under Jane's bum, but anything is better than going back to her hospital room.

In all reality, Jane has always felt a tug on her heart whenever she'd see Edward and Bella together, but she always ignored it. It's what she does. Jane feels any sort of emotion, (love, compassion, remorse, etc) and she buries it deep within her. Only now, it's different. Bella's family. Jane shouldn't feel this way towards her cousin's boyfriend. It's wrong, but she can't help it. It's like her genes were designed to feel a sort of love and attraction toward Edward Cullen. She's meant for him and him for her. It's God's cruel way of punishing Jane for whatever it is she did in her past life.

The kids from before go back to playing with each other. They run around Jane as they chase after one another. Jane sits in the mini chair, thinking.

CONT.
1:22 am

She feels a strong gush of wind blow behind her, causing her hair to fly around her face. By now the kids from before have already left home. A shadow emerges behind her. "Jane," someone calls for her, but they're meant with dead silence. He sits beside her. Jane places her elbows on her knees and turns her face away, staring at the hand-painted fish, planted on the wall.

A tired sigh escapes Edward's lips as he stares ahead. "I never told you what I saw in Alice's vision," he begins to tell her the truth. Something about his voice causes Jane's heart to skip a beat or two. "It was you and I. Together in bed," he continues.

Jane slowly turns her head to look at him. His hair lays messily on the top of his head, the bags beneath his black eyes now seem darker than usual, and his skin is as pale and translucent as ever. He needs to feed.

"W-What," she asks in a small whisper. "Alice's visions aren't always certain. It's ba-," his sentence is quickly cut short. "-based off a person's decision," Jane finishes him off. She releases a puff of hot air and sits back on her seat. "So it's true," she continues. Jane crosses her arms around her stomach. "Go to the field and you will meet you fate."

The vampire cocks his head to the side, confused by her statement. "What," he asks. "The Baseball field.. I paid The Weird Sisters a visit a few days ago.. and they told me to go to the field. They said it would be where I'd find what I've been looking for," she explains, staring at her shoes. He listens in silence.

"We got attacked by James last night. This made Bella and I to grow close. Then-Then when I," she struggles to find the right words, "I d-died. I fucking died, Edward a-and I saw you. You were pulling me up. I wasn't real but it felt-" Jane leans in and covers her mouth, coming into an understanding. He stares at her as she continues. "Bella doesn't know, does she?"

He shakes his head, "I won't hurt her, Bella. Though Alice saw us in bed.. and in love .. I love her." Jane shuts her eyes closed and nods her head. "I see," she whispers. Minutes pass and silence overtakes the room. She sighs and shakes her head, removing herself off the mini chair, "then we won't." Jane looks back at the boy who delivered the sad truth and gives him a sad smile, walking back into her hospital room where she's met with her uncle Charlie. Edward sits in silence as guilt consumes him.

FIN