A Warning

JACOB'S GARAGE ANOTHER DAY

JACOB'S GARAGE
ANOTHER DAY

Motorcycle parts are spread out on worn out blankets. Jacob moves among them excitedly, piecing them together. Bella watches as Hammerhead looks for anything of value to stuff into her pockets.

      Bella scoffs, looking at Jacob as she says, "If we're going to be working on this every day, we should probably include some homework. Don't want your dad to think I'm a bad influence on you." Jacob grins and replies, "you influence me? Please."

A small smile plays on her lips. She replies with, "I am older than you." Jacob laughs and shakes his head, "age ain't nothin' but a number."

     Hammerhead pipes in and says, "and she also convinced you to secretly build us two-wheeled death machines." A smirk traces Hammerhead's scared lips. She shakes a rusting snow globe. Jacob gasps in mock horror and says, "God, you're right, she's like Satan-"

They year a voice say, "yo, Jake, you in there?"

   Hammerhead jerks her head to look at Bella as she abruptly sits up, pulling a tarp over the bikes. They make eye contact and Hammerhead smirks at her, sitting down the snow globe where she found it. "It's cool, it's just my boys," said Jacob.

    It's Quil Ateara and Embry Call, both sixteen years old. Quil is short, stocky and feisty, with short hair. Embry is tall, thin and laid back, with chin-length black hair. Hammerhead stands behind Bella, watching them enter Jacob's garage.

      "Hey, Jake," Embry stops when they see the two girls. Hammerhead held onto a crowbar as Bella shifts under their gaze. The two guys share a smile.
Jacob introduces every one.

"Hey. This is Bella. This is," he stops, looking at Hammerhead.

"Hammerhead. The name's Hammerhead," she introduces herself and Jacob continues, "right and that's Quil and Embry." Embry tosses his head back, laughing.

"Hammerhead? Is that what you really go by-," he mocks. Something swings through the left side of his head. It's rapid speed caused his hair to fly.

      They all look at him and notice a rustic crowbar sticking into the wall behind him. Hammerhead's eyes narrow at him as Bella reaches to hold her shoulder. "Don't you fucking touch me," she growls, shrugging Bella's hand off her shoulder. Bella cringes slightly.

"That could have killed me, you know," Embry exclaims. Hammerhead smirks, swinging back and fourth, "oh. I know."

Everyone stays quiet.

      Finally, Quil whistles and rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. He asks, "so, the bike building story is true." Bella steps forward and smiles softly, saying ,"taught him everything he knows." He replies, smirking, "what about the part where you're his girlfriend?"