Say Yes To Heaven

CULLEN DRIVEWAY Night       Jane approaches the front door, she's nervous

CULLEN DRIVEWAY
Night
Jane approaches the front door, she's nervous. The overnight bag sits on her shoulder. She arranges her hair and straightens her sweater. The door suddenly opens. It reveals a worried Edward. "What are you doing here outside? What's wrong," he asks. "Nothing," she answers, looking at him. He looks at her quizzically, but takes her bag, showing her in. Jane takes a deep breath and enters.

EDWARD'S BEDROOM
Jane follows Edward into his room to find a large and luxurious wrought-iron bed. She stops at the sight of it. "There's a bed," she acknowledges. "You guys! Jane's about to get laid," Flit exclaims, laughing. Jane clears her throat, drowning Flit's voice out. "I thought you might need one to sleep in," Edward answers.

Jane tentatively moves to it, sitting on it's edge. "Thank you, but an air mattress would've been okay," she says, looking up at him as he stands in front of her. The sight of Edward causes her heart beat to increase. "It is too much," he asks. "No. No, it's perfect," she replies, biting her lip. Inhaling courage, she scoots to the bed's center.

"I want to ask you something," she beats around the bushes. He sees something's on her mind so he joins her on the bed. "Anything," he replies. "Did you really mean it when you asked me to marry you," Jane asks. Edward strokes her cheek. "Yes," he whispers. Jane looks at him. Then, she leans over and kisses him. Jane moves closer to Edward as the kiss turns deep. He returns the kiss as passion sweeps over them.

Jane hesitates before she attempts to unbutton his shirt – he pulls back. "Jane... no," he whispers, holding her wrists in his hand. "Too early," she asks, blushing. "Doing this will kill you," he says, pained. "You won't," she whispers, wanting him. "It's too dangerous," he replies. "Can we try," she asks softly.

Edward tentatively moves closer. He kisses her forehead, her cheeks, her lips.. Jane allows herself to kiss him back. And he keeps going. Passion builds again. He pulls her closer as they fall back on the bed. Their interaction is loving and gentle. It's unlike anything her father did to her. Hesitating, Edward pulls back.

They look at each other. He quickly moves to her side and grabs her up, pulling her close. Desire lingers in his eyes. "Believe me, I want to. I just want to be married to you first," he whispers. Edward kisses her hand. Jane's trying to sort this out. "It's just one rule, I wanna leave unbroken. It might be too late for my soul, but I will protect yours," he continues.

Jane stays silent as she listens to him. Everyone in the Underground smiles, watching them interact with each other. "I'm from a different era. Things were... a lot less complicated. And if I met you back then," Edward slides off the bed, still holding her hand, "I would've courted to you. We'd have taken chaperoned strolls, or had iced tea on the porch. I may have stolen a kiss or two."

"But, only... after asking your father's permission. I would've got down on one knee," Edward's now on one knee, "and I would presented you with a ring." He takes from his pocket a little black box and flips it open to reveal a sparkling ring. It has a long oval face with slanting rows of glittering stones. It's set within a fragile web of gold.