Calm Before The Storm

ARKHAM ASYLUM HALLWAY"Look, you can't imagine what I've been going through these past few years

"Look, you can't imagine what I've been going through these past few years. So, please, I'm asking this of you. We have a plan in motion and everything," the Mad Hatter explains. His brown eyes shift around around the room, paranoid. He continues to speak, completely ignored.

The Mad Hatter is more animated than most patients at Arkham. He stands at six feet tall and has an athletic build with brown hair and brown eyes.

No one here truly knows his real name. People around here just started nicknaming him the Mad Hatter from the Alice in Wonderland story. This was specifically given to him because of the way he would kill his victims.

He would abduct young women, referring to each one as Alice and use them for various purposes. The Mad Hatter would either traffic them or use them in far more sinister ways. Regardless, the Mad Hatter counts as one of the well-known patients at Arkham. Some say he was sent by Jim Gordon, himself.

"I know! I know! It's a bit wonky, but it will work! And it's the best we could up with under the circumstances," he continues, referring to Arkham!: intense security protocols.

"Wait. What do you mean by 'we,'" Dr. Harrison asks, standing in front of the Mad Hatter. Dr. Harrison is one of Jane's alters. She has the power of intense, widespread mind-control. Whenever she's in control of the body, her hair forms a streak of white, and her eyes turn an intense bright, blue color.

"Well. Ivy's helping me with the plan," he replies, scratching the back of his neck. "So, you and her are working.. together. To escape. Tsk. Jane won't like that," Dr. Harrison replies, crossing her arms.

Jane and Poison Ivy have always had a love - hate relationship with one another, as do most of her alters. The only person who gets along with her is Karen; for obvious reasons. Karen and Ivy share a common ability - and that is, magically making people fall in love with them.

"Hey! I'm on the edge, doc! I had no choice! Ivy's our best bet at getting out of here," he defends his choice to partner up with Ivy.

"No need to explain. I'm done playing gooseberry," she turns to leave. "It's a better plan than yours. I mean, look at the collection of limp dicks you've assembled," he points to the awaiting circle of people behind Dr. Harrison. She's quick to stop in her tracks.

"That collection of limp dicks is our gateway to leaving this place. The more we help around here, the earlier we get released. It's a plan. A legal one," she tells him, turning to face the man.

"Since when did any of you care about the law? Remember Dr. Bertrand," he asks, referring to Jane's previous therapist. "Very well. You have five minutes," she replies, looking at her watch.