It Hurts Because You're Growing

SOMEWHERE IN THE WOODSJacob and the others gather in their wolf forms, communicating through their thoughts

Jacob and the others gather in their wolf forms, communicating through their thoughts. Everyone calls for Jacob. "Is it true, Jacob," Paul asks. "What will it be," Quil follows with another question. "It's growing fast," Seth states. "It's unnatural," Leah continues.

They begin to spill dirt on the unborn baby. "Dangerous," Jared. "Monstrosity," Quil. "An abomination," Paul. "On our land," Quil continues. "We can't allow it," Jared states. "We can't allow it," Quil follows. "We can't allow it," Paul repeats, along with the rest of the pack, except for Jacob and Seth.

"We have to protect the tribe. What they've bred won't be able to control its thirst. Every human will be in danger," Sam states. "We're ready," Jared tells the alpha. "No time to waste," Quil continues. "Now," Jacob asks.

"We must destroy it before it's born," the alpha replies. "You mean, kill Jane," Paul asks. "Her choice affects us all," Sam continues. "Jane's human. Our protection applies to her," Jacob's quick to defend his friend. "She's dying anyway," Leah exclaims. At that Jacob leaps into the air and attacks her. They both start fighting.

Immediately, Sam separates them. "We have real enemies to fight tonight," he says. "Tonight? I promised Bella I'd protect Jane and her-," Jacob gets cut off. "You will fight with us, Jake," Sam commands.

"I will not. I am the grandson of Ephraim Black. I am the grandson of a chief! I wasn't born to follow you, or anyone else," Jacob replies, his voice straining. He takes off.

IN FRONT OF THE TREATY
Jacob stands in his human form. "Don't worry. They're not following us," Seth assures him, appearing into view. "What do you think you're doing here," Jacob asks. "I left Sam's pack," the youngest between the two replies. "Go home, Seth," Jacob instructs.

"I won't stand behind him," he replies. "Oh, yes, you will. I'm not kidding. Get out of here," Jacob exclaims. "ls that an order? Gonna make me bow down, too," Seth asks sarcastically.

"I'm not ordering anyone. Look, I'm just going off on my own here, okay," Jacob replies. "Great, and I've got your back," Seth says, his eyes wide and innocent. "No, you don't. If Sam comes after Jane, are you really ready to fight your own brothers? Your sister," he asks.

"If it's the right thing to do," Seth whispers. Jacob thinks about it for a moment. "Whatever. I'm gonna go give the Cullens a heads-up. Do what you want," Jacob replies after a moment of silence.

He turns and leaves. Seth follows behind him. "How cool is this? Two-man pack. Two against the world," he exclaims, smiling. "You're getting on my nerves, Seth," Jacob comments.

"I'll shut up. Can do," he replies. They approach Edward outside the Cullen house. "Get ready. They're coming for Jane," the newest alpha instructs.

CULLEN'S DRIVEWAY
"They're not gonna touch her," Edward says firmly. "Agreed," Esme says, walking into view. Then Leah approaches. "Man, I can smell them from all the way out here," she comments. "What the hell are you doing here," Jacob asks.