Into The Unknown

ABANDONED LUMBER YARD ON THE WATER Riley leads the army of newborns across a ghostly yard

Riley leads the army of newborns across a ghostly yard. They move at a trot, leaping over pyramids of rotting logs. As they head for the water, Bree wears doubt on her face.

WOODS
Edward runs with Jane, maintining a steady jog as he effortlessly carries her weight. She holds onto him, his mind heavy with concerns.

FORKS BEACH
        On the misty deserted beach, Riley eerily rises from the water. He's muddy and drenched but unfazed by the frigid water. Riley doesn't break stride, simply heads for the woods. One by one the rest of the army appears behind him. They follow him, picking up speed. First walking, then running at an unstoppable force.

MOUNTAIN PEAK
       Edward continues to carry Jane. He climbs up the mountainside, going up and up. Finally, they reach the peak where Jacob and Bella wait near the tent. Snow falls in earnest now as glacial winds blow. Edward sets her down. They hurry to the left side of the peak to find a campsite, erected against the sheltering face of the peak.

      Jacob stands by the tent pacing and waiting. Edward nods respectfully. Bella turns to Jacob. "You should get back before the storm hits," she suggests. "No, I'm staying. You'll need my connection to the pack, to keep tabs on what's going on," he answers firmly. Edward looks down, none-too-happy but knowing Jacob's right. "You're not going to fight," Jane asks.

"Seth will spell me in the morning. He's not happy about missing the action, but it'll keep him out of trouble," Jacob replies. Jane nods her head. "Let's get you inside," Edward whispers. He guides her toward the tent.

TENT
      Snow blows sideways as the wind batters the tent. A light glows from inside. It's a burning lantern. Bella's wrapped in her down sleeping bag, fully dressed. But her teeth still rattle. It's that cold. Jane sits beside Bella, pulling her knees close to her chest as Edward sits on her left. He holds onto her engagement ring, in case it gets lost.

      "I should have chosen a site lower down," Edward regrets. "No, It's fine. I'm okay," Bella whispers. "What can I do," he asks, worried. She can only shake her head. Sighing, Jane lifts herself from the ground and bursts the zipper open, leaving the tent.

TENT
5 Minutes Later
    Suddenly, the front zipper opens to reveal Jacob. "Jane told me," he announces. Then, Jane appears, holding a pint of ice cream. "What? I can't sleep with all that teeth chattering," she says, shrugging her shoulders. Jane returns to her spot beside Edward and Bella. Jacob's eyes soften toward Bella. "Alright come on," he whispers. He climbs into the tent, then to Bella's side. Edward watches quietly.

     Jacob climbs into the sleeping bag next to Bella. "Why, you're freezing, Bella. Relax, You'll warm up soon. Faster if you took your clothes of," he jokes with her. "Jake," Bella warns, smiling. "Survival one oh one," he laughs, holding her tight. The relief of warmth sweeps over Bella.