Graduation

JANE'S BEDROOM       Jane applies mascara to her eyelashes as she sits on her vanity chair

JANE'S BEDROOM
      Jane applies mascara to her eyelashes as she sits on her vanity chair. "Jane! We're finally graduating! I'm so happy for us," Lucy Fugue exclaims. Jane smiles and shakes her head. "If anything- I'm graduating. I did most of the work," she replies, moving to her lips.

      "Hey! I helped you with that one Science assignment," Lucy Fugue defends herself. Jane applies a nude lipstick to her lips and sighs, staring at herself in the mirror. "I am that bitch," she whispers, disappearing into the bathroom.

FORKS HIGH SCHOOL
GRADUATION CEREMONY
       "When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up," Jessica stands at the podium, saying her speech as class valedictorian. Families and teachers hold umbrellas in case the clouds open up. "Our answers were thing like astronaut, president.. Or in my case a princess," she continues.

"When we were ten, they asked again and we answered – rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how 'bout this: who the hell knows?!"

Loud hoots and hollers come from the audience. Jessica's words are sink into Jane. "This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, it's the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train, and get stuck somewhere chilly. Fall in love – a lot. Major in philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing is permanent." The speech continues.

HIGH SCHOOL
GRADUATION CEREMONY
20 Minutes Later
On the stage – Jane walks to the school principal and shakes his hand while receiving her diploma. Out in the audience Charlie claps loudly, beaming with pride. "So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be... we won't have to guess. We'll know," Jessica says behind the podium.

POST GRADUATION CEREMONY
Jane, Charlie and Bella walk away. Jane awkwardly shoulders out of her gown and mortarboard, ad-libbing "see you at the party's" with various students including the usual suspects if possible.

Charlie wraps an arm around Jane and Bella's shoulders, emotional. "I'm so proud of you, girls. I can't wait to see what you two do next. Jane, accepting you into my home was one of my biggest accomplishment," he says, tearing up. "Uncle, that's not true," she replies, smiling brightly.

"Yeah, it is. And it's... well, you'll see, when you have kids," he ruffles her hair. Then he turns to Bella and wraps his arms around her. "I love you, Bells," he whispers. Bella awkwardly hugs him back, causing Jane to giggle.

SEATTLE – ISOLATED STREET
        Riley, exasperated, stands next to a late model sedan that lies upside down in the dark street. Smoke comes from the engine and a fire ignites. Inside the car, a woman screams. "What did I say, about low profile," Riley's face turns dark, "Something's coming... Something... Bigger than any of us alone. And if you can't...  control yourselves... We're all going to die."