CHARLIE

FORKS HIGH SCHOOL CAFETERIA       Edward, Bella and Jane sit with Angela, Eric, Mike and Jessica

FORKS HIGH SCHOOL
CAFETERIA
       Edward, Bella and Jane sit with Angela, Eric, Mike and Jessica. Edward and Jane sit on the end of the table as Bella sits in between Angela and Eric. The group noticed the sudden shift in the air but they haven't said anything. Angela is busy addressing a pile of note card envelopes.

Mike reads what from a legal pad, "My fellow students. Cool. Right? Wow. Okey, right? -- Cute. We are the future. Anything is possible... ... If you just believe."

         Angela pipes in and nods her head, "Nice." Mike continues, "Blah, blah, blah... Perfect. And got your-self a speech!" He rips the page off and hands it to Jessica, the president of the student council. She waves it around and says, "No, this will be my speech. When I want everyone to throw diplomas at my head. So... Thank you." She crumples the paper and tosses it at Mike.

    "Ya gotta embrace the cliches, Jess," he says. Eric chimes in, "They have the bread and butter of all valedictorians." He leans back in his chair as Angela says, "And that is why you are not valedictorian. And Jess doesn't need cliches. Speech is gonna be epic."

     "Epic? It'll change lives," says Jessica. Jane looks over at Edward and smiles. Then Alice and Jasper abruptly appear, carrying trays of food they won't eat. As they sit, Alice exclaims, "I decided to throw a party!" Jasper enters into the conversation, "After all, how many times we gonna graduate high school?"

  Jane stifles a smile. "A party? At your place? I've never seen your house," says Jessica, shocked. Eric pipes in and says, "No one's ever seen their house." Edward leans over the table and asks in disbelief, "Another party, Alice?"

"It'll be fun," she exclaims. "Yeah. That's what you said last time," Jane snickers. Bella smirks and shakes her head. Suddenly, Alice freezes, her eyes glazing over. She's having a vision. Mike hasn't noticed yet. "Well cool, that's really uh... normal of you. What time," he asks. Nothing from Alice. "Dress code?" Still nothing. "Bring anything? Cheetos?"

Alice still looks into the distance. Jane looks at Edward, concerned. Edward shrugs it off-nothing as worry about.

   "Wake up, Alice," says Edward. Jasper nods his head and looks at Mike, "She hasn't been getting much sleep lately, senior jitters." This sounds weird and weirdly fluent coming from Jasper, but it serves to break the moment. They go about their day.

SHERIFF'S STATION
       "Uncle," exclaims Babydoll. She releases a squeal as she spots him behind a counter, talking with a middle aged couple, Doug and Nancy Biers. Their faces are etched with grief and worry. Babydoll runs behind the counter and wraps him into a strong hug. "Hey, hun. Give me a second, alright? I'll be with you in a minute," he says, patting her head.

      She nods and bounces toward Edward. He smiles and ruffles her hair. Babydoll leaves as soon as she came and Jane comes back. She wraps her arms around his waist and leans into him, waiting for Charlie to finish with the couple.