5. Rules

Enjoy Reading (:

--------------------------------------------

"Because I was scared that you will ask me to abort this child and I'm mad enough to think about it if you say so!"

Kabir took a step back with disbelief. So this is what she thinks about him, about them.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She said and walked closer to him. She took his face in her hand and whispered sorry again and again but his face remained stoned.

And she realised that she hurt him badly. Seeing the pain in his eyes she understood one thing that whatever may happen Kabir will never ever consider their baby as burden.

She was so wrong to judge him; to think that he was too ambitious. How could she let her insecurities get better of her? Even after spending four months with him she can't understand him. She was so lost in her own anxiety and insecurities.

She kept on whispering sorry with tears flowing free from her eyes. He didn't react nor did he stop her. He was just standing silently.

She started filling dizzy. All this was taking toil on her. The day had drained her emotionally and she could feel herself losing consciousness; her professional instincts came to her fast.

She suddenly stopped touching him and steadied herself by keeping hands on his shoulder. Now this alerted Kabir.

"I'm losing consciousness, Dr. Kabir. I feel dizzy. I think I'm going to faint if I stand for too long. Nothing is wrong with the baby; I could feel it. Still take me to an emergency and tell them that I'm six weeks pregnant and haven't started my medication. I have had no nausea like feeling for now. I just need I.V. glucose may be for dehydration or weakness." She said in a low tone almost as if fainting and Kabir immediately held her.

He carried her to his car and drove them to the nearest hospital. He was a doctor and he had already checked her in the car. He knew it was a normal case of fainting due to weakness. But like her he wanted to be sure especially in her condition. He also gave her a chocolate bar to eat which was in his car.

She didn't lose her consciousness but was clearly not in her full senses as well. They entered the hospital and he just carried her again and she was too weak to protest. He talked to the doctors and they immediately started treatment. They took her for Ultrasound as she wanted to be sure.

As they suspected it was due to weakness but the doctor told him to be careful especially in her situation. She was already weak. He needs to make sure that she eats properly and takes care of her health.

After giving them proper instruction and they were asked to leave.

***

Kabir closed the door after they entered the apartment they both shared from last few months.

He wanted to say so many things but now was not the time. He saw her moving towards her room which was weird because from past few months they were sharing his room.

Unknowingly his lips curved in a smile, a sad one. Now she wants to go to her room; after everything! He just sat on the couch in the hall and closed his eyes. Her words were still echoing in his head.

He can't even pretend that her words didn't affect him because they did. This is why he hides his emotions from the world. One slip and this kind of stuff happen.

Her apology was meaningless for she was not apologising for her words but for hurting him.

I'm mad enough to think about it if you say so...