22. Finally

Enjoy reading (:

Because I'm excited!
___________________
Flashback:

Twenty Four Years Old Kabir:

One week after he left:

He was broken.

The pain was unbearable and so was the guilt.

But he felt powerless against that man.

Didn't she hate him after knowing his secret? Didn't she despise his existence in her life? Didn't 'that man' showed him the proof that His sweetie pie is never going to forgive him, for keeping such a big secret away from her.

He didn't care if it made him look like a stupid, coward. He would rather be called a coward than being a subject of her resentment.

Also Mr. Malik has threatened him to tell the entire truth and he knew that it will destroy her because then she will start hating herself.

He can't let that happen.

Better him than her.

He has made a promise to take care of her always and if him going out of her life was good for her then so be it.

But how was he supposed to survive?

He felt as if the sole purpose of his existence was taken away. He found himself to be the same nine year old whose mother left him and he didn't have anyone to depend onto.

Till now his entire life revolved around grooming his sweetie pie or taking revenge from that man. But now he felt purposeless.

His sweetie pie was far away because of his actions.

He punched the bag with so much anger that his hand started bleeding but he didn't care. Nothing felt painful anymore. It was all numb. Like him. Nothing matters.

No one cares if he lives or dies. If he were to die today no one will know; no one will come to his funeral. Not that it mattered to him. Dying would mean freedom.

Freedom was a luxury which he never had. His soul was tired of bearing burdens from childhood. He was so tired of wearing the strong person mask all the time. He needed a break.

He needed to get away, to go to some place he could be himself without any façade. And so he came to this small town near her mother's hometown. That amongst other reasons.

This town was away from modern civilisation which meant the people still had goodness in their heart.

But even then he didn't feel happy because he knew something or someone was missing.

He shook his head.

He joined a small hospital and started seeing few patients but nothing helped.

Nothing mattered.

His depression was increasing with time and the thoughts of loneliness, uselessness were filling his mind.

Every day he thought of escaping and going into limbo but kept on looking at his mother's picture and her lesson, never think of giving up on your life. It's a beautiful gift from Almighty. He has created you and he will never give you more trouble than you can handle.

He was barely holding on to it.

***

Eight months have passed since he has left and every day felt heavier than previous one. To outsiders he appeared as charming doctor with ocean blue eyes and smile on his face but no one could see the pain in those eyes. No one could understand his pain except his sweetie pie but now she was not here.