18. Daughter

Enjoy Reading (:

------------------------------------

Sweetie pie can never disappoint Bir.

But she didn't know what to do after knowing the truth or how to behave around Kabir because he will realise that something was wrong with her. But she did know that she will have to wait, till he himself speaks the truth.

She has to give him a choice.

Because she trusted Kabir more than she trusts herself and when he thinks she is strong enough to handle the truth, then she will really be. Also, it was Kabir's truth. She heard it by accident. He doesn't want to tell her now.

She can't take that choice away from him.

But still she can't manage to face him because guilt was eating her alive. Her father really mistreated Kabir and his mother.

How could Kabir even see her face after that? She was her father's replica. A live reminder of his hate and yet he cared for her so much and she was a coward, hiding with guilt.

So she buried herself in her room for a week not coming out, saying that she was preparing for finals. The workers were passing the message between the two of them. Kabir didn't say anything when she didn't attend the school for the first day, thinking that she was tired from party though he found it very odd of her to not attend the school.

He waited for her to come out but when she didn't; he asked the helpers if her condition was serious but they said that she looked alright.

This kept on going for next three day and by now Kabir understood that she wasn't ill but was avoiding him. Was she angry because he didn't make it back to their party? But she wasn't shallow like that. Then what was the reason of her ignorance?

He asked the workers to pass his message to her for five times a day and she replied that she was busy preparing for the test coming ahead and also now their classes has ended so he can't see her.

This kept on going for seven days and Kabir was losing his brains thinking of ways to reach out to her. He was half tempted to go inside the house forgetting everything and that's what he asked the worker to say to her.

Sanaa heard from Ruksana Aunty that Kabir was getting distressed from her ignorance and that made her feel even guiltier. But when she heard his warning that if she doesn't come out today then he will come inside, she got alarmed.

No, she can't do that to him. She can't make him swallow his pride any more than he already did and so after giving herself a long prep talk she entered the outhouse.

"Bir." She whispered opening the door since it was dark which was weird because Bir's place was never dark as she was scared of darkness.

"Are you there?" She asked again and finally the lights switched on and she came to face with Bir.

Her brother Bir not just best friend.

"Sweetie pie, you don't have to stand on the door. You never did. Why today?" Kabir asked in accusing tone.

"I...I... It was dark." She finally replied and Bir knew that it wasn't truth.

"You know where the switch is. That wasn't the reason that stopped you. You were and still are thinking of escaping from here as soon as possible." Kabir stated and Sanaa closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry." She sincerely said.

"I don't want it. I don't need it. I need reasons. Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt you? Are you angry with me?" Kabir asked in a defeated voice and Sanaa ran from the door and hugged him tightly.