41. Sleep

Enjoy Reading (:

---------------------------

It has been one week since she found that Bir does not have Bipolar's. Thankfully.

And the kissing never stopped, with the number of kisses only increasing. They were working professionally in the hospital but gave looks to each other when no one was noticing.

Now the evenings were not only filled with terrace session but also with binge watching their favourite shows together, cooking for each other and playfully flirting and lots of kissing.

Zara was becoming an addict. This was her new drug. She felt like she no longer needed those anti-anxiety pills that she was taking but knew that she can't leave the ten day course in middle.

Today was the tenth day and she was scared. Generally in past when she went off her meds; she got anxious for one or two days.

She was thinking that maybe this would not happen now when she was happy but human brain has always been a subject of her wonder and curiosity and the secrets of amygdala are still a subject of research for scholars world-wide.

They still haven't talked about what they were doing and even though it was bothering her, she kept quiet because Kabir had said that he was having some issues and she didn't want to burden him with anything. She can wait. Also, she knew that he must like on some level to give those smiles, looks and kisses.

Tonight also, they binged watched her favourite show after dinner and retired to sleep and Zara's nerves started kicking in. May be she should take another pill today.

One pill won't be bad, right?

No. No Zara. You are a doctor and you know that one pill is where it starts. She thought and clenched her fists worrying about getting addicted like she did in her teenage.

Zara gulped a glass of water and decided to go to the balcony to get some fresh air. She was surprised to see Kabir there.

"Can't sleep?" He asked without turning. She went and stood beside him. She nodded looking ahead and felt his hand covering hers and her anxiety lessened a bit.

"Sometimes it happens to me too. Breathing fresh air really helps." He said and she smiled a bit.

They stood in silence for few minutes before Kabir said, "It's late. We should probably sleep now. Are you still feeling sleepless?" He asked and Zara could see that he was now feeling sleepy so inspite of her lack of sleep, she said yes and they left for their respective rooms.

She switched off the light and turned in her bed for one hour and finally was falling asleep when it started. Arun's face came and his hands around her hands and he was pushing her against the wall. But he was not saying what he said that day instead he was saying,

Like mother like daughter

Gold digger...

Money minded...

Worthless...

Wasting her father's life...

Not letting her father find happiness again...

Coming in way of his happiness...

With each words she started whimpering. This had happened when she was a teenager. Her father was there with her that time.

Thankfully nothing serious happened after they left their hometown but that incident with Arun opened the deep buried wounds and she started whimpering just like she did when she was thirteen years old.