48. Mysterious?

I wasn't planning to update today, but I'm a good writer, I guess (;

Enjoy Reading (:

One of my favourite chapters, so don't forget to leave your comments (:

_________________

Two Months Later:

Zara was now four and half months pregnant and still no one noticed her pregnancy at hospital as she was wearing loose clothes.

Her doctor as well as Kabir has told that she didn't have to work after five months as she was weak. So these were the last two weeks she was working full time. She has talked to Dr. Mittal who accepted her departure but promised to stay in contact.

She decided to go and work part time in a small clinic nearby to keep on practising but avoid doing long surgeries. She can't stand for that long now. Her feet and bladder didn't support her enough to stand for eight hours nonstop.

She now realised the problems of pregnancy and the things women face and felt grateful to her mother for giving her birth.

Zara didn't hate her mother, she just wished that she didn't betray her dad and left them like that but she never hated her mom. She just felt indifference towards her.

And now when she herself was on verge of motherhood; she felt thankful to her mother for giving birth to her.

Does this make her stupid?

She didn't know.

She just knew that she must do what makes her and her baby happy.

Even Kabir was trying to do the same.

He was there to make sure that her diet is healthy and sits in front of her till she takes her medicines. She saw him reading books regarding pregnancy and fatherhood.

He saw her swollen feet one day and massaged them, not saying any words and catching her off guard. The action was so calm, so intimate and relaxing that Zara closed her eyes in bliss.

May be they could make it work after all. They could work out to be good parents.

Their relationship or lack of one, well it wasn't going to change anytime soon.

The day he made her sign those papers was the day that she locked that stupid piece of her heart that held any feeling for him.

So now when she saw his actions and care; she just saw him as the father of her child and she was sure that he would be a good one.

But he was not good to her.

He hurt her badly.

He punished her gravely for something he knew so well, was nothing but a moment of anxiety and panic.

And that was something that she found hard to forgive; not that he ever apologised.

So that chapter was now closed.

Just like her feelings for him. They were also getting closure.

***

Kabir was walking inside the place he never thought he will, to meet someone he never thought he will and to ask for something that no one expected him to.

Was it really that important and unavoidable?

He thought and then shook his head knowing that it was.

Was there no other way?

He knew there was not.

It's been two months already and nothing else was working.