45. Father's Son?

Enjoy Reading (:

I have purposefully avoided Vaish's husband's name so that those who are reading PTBT don't get any spoilers (:

-----------------------------------

Flashback:

After Vaish's wedding:

Kabir entered the restaurant feeling tired. The day has taken a toll on him and he was frustrated because nothing was working out.

None of his plans were working.

Seemed like he didn't have any option left.

He put the all is well mask on his face but knew that his sweetie pie will see through it. Well, that meant that he just had to distract her.

And he knew the perfect way to distract her.

Her husband was her weakness.

He needed her and everyone else to be angry with him, so they don't contact him for a while as he didn't want them to meet his Sunshine yet.

Because if his sweetie pie meets his Sunshine, then she will understand every step of his plan and tell her everything, from beginning. She won't support his twisted ways for sure.

But he can't do that. He can't let his Sunshine know the truth. He can't let everything he carefully planned to go in vain.

So, he needed to make them angry, very angry so that they don't talk to him and don't see how much of a bad person he is.

He didn't have a problem with being called bad, he had the problem with the consequences of what would happen if his sweetie pie meets his Sunshine.

So he needed to make her angrier than she already was. Also, his other plan was nowhere near success. His sweetie pie was finally happy and she doesn't deserve to be dragged into the mess, not until it's near the end. So, he needed to add one more sin in his list.

He took a deep breath and entered inside.

***

"Where is that monkey?" Pakhi asked in a fake angry voice but he could hear the excitement in her voice.

He missed his friends, really. Last time they met it was sudden and Vaish did the Vegas wedding and everyone was busy in consoling her so they didn't have time to realise what all has changed but now four months have passed and everyone had the idea of loss they suffered due to his sudden disappearance, which he now agrees was completely idiotic.

"Yeah! Where is that idiot? I have to beat him up! Don't tell me he is so scared that he won't come in front of me." Vaish said in a joking manner and everyone laughed but not his sweetie pie because she had a feeling that he was near.

They always know about each other's presence.

"Scared and me? In parallel universe; you devil incarnation!" Kabir covered his inner turmoil in a playful tone and everyone but Sanaa turned to look at him.

Vaish walked to him first and made an angry face but he just held his ears and gave a smile. An untold apology passed between them; a look of understanding and realisation and Vaish can't help but hug him tightly.

Because till now she was seeing only Sanaa's pain but seeing him properly after so many years she saw another version of him; like he has matured beyond his age. His eyes were holding so many emotions and she was unable to decipher them. She didn't even tried to because she knew only one person could understand Kabir's twisted emotions and that person was currently sitting with her back turned on him.