31.Rules

Enjoy Reading (:

--------------------------------------

"What is your name again?"

Kabir finally asked her.

It was the first time he directly talked to her and Zara felt like an idiot.

Plain, stupid idiot.

He really never noticed her.

Like she knew that he didn't know about her existence but still hearing him say that was a reality check. She controlled her expressions. She can't let him know how she felt.

After all it wasn't a big deal. She can't possibly expect him to remember all his juniors. She wasn't someone special to be remembered.

"Zara Inayat Ali." She replied. "I was your immediate junior. Your batch hosted our fresher's party." Zara replied quietly and now looked at his eyes, directly for the first time may be.

Well apart from the two collisions. 

Not that she was counting. If he was not counting then why should she?

Dr. Mittal got called and excused himself.

"Okay." He said after Dr. Mittal left and looked at her intently.

Okay....Think Zara, think. What should you ask someone in a conversation?

How are you doing?

Nope.

How do you like this hospital?

He just joined!

Weather forecast?

God No!

Why does her brain go blank in front of him? She can't think of one decent question to ask. Hell! The university viva was easier than this. At least she was all prepared for that. This was an unknown territory.

"Where did you do your post grad?" He finally asked, noticing her silence.

"GSD, Darjeeling." She replied.

"You?" She asked.

"Here in Mumbai. Grant." He replied.

"Great." She replied with a smile. It was impressive.

"Dr. Mittal was telling that you are new. When did you join this hospital?" He wasn't giving her chance to ask any question.

Good for her. She doesn't really know what to ask him.

"One month back." Zara replied, again with a smile.

"You were working somewhere else before this?" Kabir asked intently waiting for her answer.

And this time her smile slipped and her eyes widened.

How was she supposed to tell him that she was working in the same hospital where he was admitted? How could she possibly begin to explain that she was the surgeon who operated on him when he was in coma?

She was thankfully saved from giving him an answer when one of the female doctors came there. He didn't shift his eyes from hers but when he saw his name being called twice he had to look around.

"Dr. Kabir, Dr. Lavanya here. We just met?" Dr. Lavanya, one of the most beautiful doctors in the hospital talked to him and Kabir gave her a charming smile.

Zara understood that her presence was neither needed nor welcomed as Lavanya had completely ignored her.

"I need to leave now, Dr. Kabir. I hope you like this place." Zara said and walked away without hearing his response.