61. Strength

Enjoy reading my favourite chapter of the book (:

____________________________

Zara was sitting on her bed, resting just like doctor said she should.

True to her words Dr. Sanaa has taken the whole responsibility of making sure that the last two weeks of her pregnancy goes smoothly.

Mrs. Vaishali or Vaish as she had ordered her to call her; also made sure that she was happy and smiling.

And Bir well he was closed. He just used to be around her and observe her, not saying a single word. He made sure not to come in front of her most of the time. And he was sleeping on the couch.

Zara has not questioned him yet because she felt as if the answers could be really stressful for her. Everything that she was doing now was for her baby. He or She was her priority. She has got strict warning from the doctor to avoid any stress.

"Good morning Dr. Zara." She heard Dr. Sanaa's voice and shook her head. Dr. Sanaa has this new technique wherein she won't force Zara to call her Shenu but will address her formally just the way Zara does.

And it was working. Both these brother and sister can make her do anything. But right now she liked the sister better.

"Shenu please... call me Zara." Zara said as Sanaa opened the blinds and Sanaa smiled in triumph.

Finally.

"Ahh... I'm going to remember this day. Finally my Zaru is growing up." Sanaa said as served her breakfast in bed.

"Now, we eat." Sanaa said with a smile and Zara smiled seeing her smiling. She really had this vibe around her that made everyone around her happy.

Her smile surprised Zara the most because she knew the pain that Sanaa was hiding. She would not have been able to guess it, has she not witnessed it with her own eyes.

"Where are Aayat and Ayaan?" Zara talked about the kids as she was taking her first bite and Sanaa's eyes glistened with happiness listening to her kids' names.

"They are sleeping, which is good for me. Aayat woke up at night which in turn woke up Ayaan and we had our late night parties." Sanaa said while sipping her black coffee.

She missed it.

And the one with whom she used to drink it.

"Shenu, you must be really tired, with two kids and late night schedules? You should be sleeping and not doing all is." Zara said feeling bad for Sanaa and Sanaa just shook her head.

Just how good are you Zara? Always thinking about others...

"I love spending time with my kids. So it's not tiring. Also, I had Vaish with me. She left for the office, just now. As for doing this, we are family and in family we take care of each other no matter what." Sanaa said and Zara smiled beautifully.

She would have said thanks but knew that Shenu had the rule of not listening to thanks from family and friends.

"How are you feeling today?" Sanaa asked.

"Better than yesterday. Little pain in back but nothing serious." Zara replied and Sanaa nodded.

"It's bearable right?" Sanaa asked. "The pain?" She added.

"I can take it." Zara replied realising that she was not talking about the pain in her back but also her internal feelings.

"Okay. So now, you have to take your tablets." Sanaa said and gave Zara her tablets and a glass of milk and sat with Zara as she finished it.