29.Slap

Enjoy Reading (:

--------------------------------

Flashback:

One week after Kabir woke up:

"Kabir, we need to talk." Sanaa said as soon as she entered his room next morning, only to be surprised by the sight.

He was not on his bed but sitting on a chair, near window with his guitar in his hand. He looked at her and flashed a smile in her direction and gestured her to sit in front of him. Sanaa sat there and waited for him to play.

He played with strings of guitar and for a while, they both allowed themselves to be lost in musical world. He was a pro in playing guitar and even though he taught Sanaa still she was nowhere near him.

He kept the guitar on the side and asked her to play a slow song on her phone. Sanaa was initially reluctant but then agreed and played the song.

He offered his hand and asked, "Dance with me, Sweetie Pie."

He was requesting and Sanaa can't help but agree to that look on his face. He was trying to make it up to her.

They danced for a while before the song ended. Before Sanaa could say anything, he asked, "Am I forgiven, sweetie pie?"

"For which mistake Kabir?" Sanaa asked and Kabir immediately left her, all the colour draining from his face. If he thinks he was going to get it easily then he was mistaken.

"Sweetie pie. I-"

"No Kabir. Not today. You can't flatter me by your words today. I want my answers today, all of them!" Sanaa said and crossed her arms.

"Can't we forget the past and start afresh?" He asked, trying to change her mind.

"What do you want me to forget, Kabir? The fact that I met you for the first time when I was ten years old... That from that day till next fourteen years, you were my everything, my best friend and my family and much more? Or the fact that you left like a coward instead of talking to me for once?" Sanaa said in a harsh voice, her supressed anger coming out.

"Sweetie pie-"

"Don't interrupt me today Kabir! Just don't!" Sanaa said, asking him to stop by showing her hand and Kabir just closed his eyes.

The time had really come, to face his worse fears! The harshest reality of his life!

"Do you have any idea, what all happened in your absence? I know what Mr. Malik did was wrong. He should not have taken your shares. He didn't have any right to do that to you but you could have waited for me to come. We would have faced this problem or anything else which he said to disturb you! In fact, I actually solved the first problem. See these!" Sanaa said and brought some papers from her handbag and handed them to him.

Kabir looked at the papers and his eyes widened at the contents. Sanaa transferred shares of Malik Enterprises, in the Shah Business Empire, to him. Just the way it was before. Those were the papers he signed. Without them Mr. Malik can't claim his inheritance.

How did she even do that? How was it even possible when he himself signed those papers? He should be happy but he was not!

"Is that what you think of me? That I left you because that man took my shares?" He asked, throwing the papers in a careless way.

"No Kabir! I know that you are above this. I know that you didn't left because of this. I just wanted to give them back to you to clear my guilty conscience. They are yours and they will always be."

"Amazing, father does the mistake and daughter feels guilty! Listen here and listen carefully, I don't give a damn about these shares! The company can go to hell for all I care!" He said, now feeling angered. Yes he cared about the company but not more than his sweetie pie.