Oppa?

Do you have questions that you want to ask SuMi? You can ask her all of your questions on my spin-off book 'Ask SuMi'. This book may contain more BTS 8th Member oneshots and imagines!

It was November of 2014 and Su-mi had become pretty accustomed to the boys and living with them.

BTS was hanging out together when Namjoon said, "Hey Su, I think that if you want to call us Oppa now it's fine."

"Oppa? What's that supposed to mean?" Su-mi replied.

"Oh right, you haven't lived in South Korea your whole life," Hobi said.

"Oppa is a term you call someone that is like your older brother/boyfriend," Jin chipped in.

"So... you want me to basically call you guys... boyfriend?" Su-mi stated.

"Well...yes-er- no," said Tae.

"It is your choice, we are just giving you permission," Jimin stated.

"Then what would I call Kookie?," Su-mi pointed time her fellow Maknae, "he's my exact age."

"You can call me Oppa," Jungkook mumbled.

"I'm not calling anyone of you Oppa. It's too weird. No, just no," Su-mi was shaking her head, "I'll just use the nicknames that I've already been using."

A few years later, at an interview Su-mi was asked why she doesn't call the boys Oppa.

"Ugh, they've been pestering me for a while now about that. I'm just not going to call them that."

"And why is that?" The interviewer asked.

"I've lived abroad for the majority of my life, the first time I heard that term was in 2014. Besides, I already have pet names for them anyways."

Su-mi always gets that question asked about calling the boys Oppa at almost all of her interviews in South Korea.

As of 2020, Su-mi still refuses to call them that term.