Su-mi's Instruments

Do you have questions that you want to ask SuMi? You can ask her all of your questions on my spin-off book 'Ask SuMi'. This book may contain more BTS 8th Member oneshots and imagines!

Su-mi can play a few instruments extremely well. Namely, the electric violin, violin, and the guitar.

She can also play the cello but she only started learning it in 2016.

Su-mi started playing guitar when she was five. She can really only play the classical and the acoustic guitar.

When Jin decided to learn guitar, she was a big help to him with learning about frets and chords and all that.

The reason that Su-mi first started getting international attention was when she sang and played a guitar cover of Yesterday by the Beatles. Upon its release, it got 5 million views in 7 hours.

Another instrument Su-mi can play is the electric and standard violin.

She started learning it when she was seven and became exceptional at it.

The violin in her favorite instrument. She brings it with her everywhere. Su-mi even named it Amelie, which means hardworking in French.

She also does many covers of BTS songs with her violin.

Here's some:
(Just focus on the violin)

There was one instance when, during a concert, a few songs were having technical difficulties.

So to fix this problem, Su-mi played the violin for 4 songs before the original songs were up and running.