CHAPTER FOURTY SIX

Days passed by in a blur hajiya and mummy are still not in talking terms because mummy is trying so hard to avoid anything related to hajiya and she is successful in doing that.

They were all sitted in dinning room having breakfast when hajiya decided to open her mouth "muntari I have something I have been thinking about for years about this family" she said to daddy and he urge her to continue "I want to uphold our family union to the next generation such that even after our dead they will be unity among our kids"she continued clearing her voice.

"Hajiya I don't get where you're coming from can you elaborate further"he said politely as all eyes turn back to her.

"Ah ah muntari I'm coming to the point why are you in such a hurry"she said with a polite smile and everyone guess she was up to something because hajiya smiles only on rare occasions "i think we should have three weddings during the twins wedding"everyone looked at her with a confused expression expect for basma who knew what she meant "I'm talking about getting my daughter basma married to Muhammad"she dropped the bomb and Muhammad quickly stood up not minding the way he let his cutlery fall while jawahir choke on her meal coughing vigorously, mummy offered her some water.

"What kind of a sick joke is this hajiya"Muhammad said raising his voice forgetting who he is talking to.

"Muhammad!!!! Sit down and let's talk like matured people"daddy urged him before he continues "hajiya I don't  think this is a good idea as you can see Muhammad is happily married with his wife as for basma...."

"Don't tell me anything muntari Muhammad is entitled to marry four wives so what is the big deal there basma is his sister even if he doesn't understand his love for her now he will after the marriage I assure you"she added "again muntari we were also victims of arrange marraige and look how it turned out"

"Hajiya we have passed that era now besides it hasn't been up to a year since Muhammad got married he has a pregnant wife now they are happily married without any problem why should he remarry all of a sudden Dan Allah hajiya I beg of you drop this topic"daddy added.

"Kai muntari I'm like a mother to you I have the right to order and don't take this as a request it's an order,it's either Muhammad should marry basma or I leave this house for good and I don't want you to ever show me your face"she knew she had to use this if not daddy will never agree to this she spent last night with basma planning about this and Insha Allah everything will go as planned. Everyone watch as daddy opens his mouth and close without forming a single word he knows his sister very well to know what she is capable of doing.

"Muhammad,jawahir, I sincerely apologize to you about this decision of mine I want to beg the both of you because i trust my upbringing I know you'll not fail me Dan Allah accept this as part of your fate and marry your sister"daddy begged feeling remorseful he wasn't able to look them in the eyes jawahir didn't know when a tear slip from her eyes they kept rushing out after that Muhammad face was blank he couldn't register what was happening,the twins sat quietly watching with broken heart,basma couldn't hide her smile.

"Ina this will never happen in my watch.....Muhammad is my son I gave birth to him after carrying him in my womb for nine months,  as a sister you ordered your brother and now as a mother I stand up for my son,he will not be forced or blackmailed into remarrying without his wish,I have tolerated enough,I'm fed up. right from the first day I step into this house  I tolerated everything without saying a word quietly for peace to reign and now it has turn back to my children wallah billah I won't take it,hajiya you have the right to order your brother but you I have more right over my son"mummy was silent at first but she cannot sit and watch hajiya destroy her child's future "Abu Muhammad if all your life you will close your eyes and never see what is right and wrong under the influence of some people then so be it,I cannot watch you destroy my son's future"she huffed out the air she has been holding and gesture for jawahir and Muhammad to follow her, Muhammad held his wife firmly and walk out and the twins follow suit leaving a disheartened daddy on the table while hajiya left with her daughter.