CHAPTER FIFTY THREE

Daddy called on a general family meeting the next day after isha prayer,everyone was there (mummy,jawahir,hajiya,Muhammad,basma and the twins).

"Assalamualaykum everyone,I hope everyone is sitted hear"daddy said adjusting his specs. When he confirmed everyone was there he started "I know is aware of the turning points of events lately in this house either good or bad and as the head of this family I have come to a conclusion"he adjusted his voice before he continues with everybody's attention on him "with a heavy heart I have decided to send hajiya back to katsina for peace to reign in this family"hajiya opened her mouth to speak but daddy stopped her "hajiya what you did was wrong I have be observing you to see any sign of repentance but you've disappointed me once again, Allah knows I tried my very best to maintain the promise I made to our mother I am still trying and I will continue trying Insha Allah that is why I am sending you home,hajiya you have caused enough of trouble in this house i don't want any more trouble and me sending you back to katsina doesn't mean I am cutting my ties with wallahi you're still my sister and don't worry I'll still be doing whatever I'm doing like before nothing will change and Insha Allah we will try and be visiting you from time to time"he finish clearing his voice the parlour was dead silent except for hajiya's muffled son.

"I have never imagine that you'll ever send me out of your house muntari but it's not your fault thank you for everything"hajiya said in a sad voice.

"Hajiya we all know whose fault it is so it's better if we don't talk about fault,as for you basma it is your choice whether to follow hajiya home or not to"he turned to basma.

"Daddy I would rather stay here with you if it's fine with you"she answered and daddy turned to mummy for approval and she gave him a smile a go ahead.

"Toh masha Allah basma you can live here but as soon as the twins wedding is over you're next I don't want any excuse"he said to basma with a straight face.

"Yanzu basma you prefer living than following your mother"hajiya said.

"Please hajiya"daddy gave her look that says don't start your drama now and she storms out of the room "ja'an it's almost three weeks to the twins wedding and I don't see any preparation going on what is going on my autas are leaving it should be a grand farewell"daddy cracked up a bit and everyone laughed.

"You know daddy I was about to ask if the wedding was cancelled naji shiru"feenah chripped in earning a smack from mummy saying something about her being shameless.

"What about me daddy"Muhammad said.

"What about you do you want to get married too"daddy teased.

"Haba daddy you know what I'm talking about"he said scratching the back of his head.

"Please allow this guy to go back home with his wife kinji"daddy said to mummy.

"Is there any problem with her leaving here? Is she complaining?"mummy ask with a straight face.

"No mummy it's......"muhammad started but mummy cut him.

"It's  what jawahir do you want to go home? Are tired of staying with me?"she asked.

"No wallah mummy...."before jawahir could finish everyone burst into series of laughter excluding Muhammad and jawahir.

"Look at his face"mummy point at Muhammad laughing.

"Priceless"daddy said also laughing.

"That was a good one mummy his face was totally priceless I wish I had it on video"feenah said laughing hard earning a smack from Muhammad.

"That's not fair mummy"moh whined while jawahir joined the laughter.

"I thought you will never ask because mummy was planning on keeping you guys here forever"mareena joked as she walk into the house.everyone was surprised to see her.