CHAPTER FOURTY EIGHT

Muhammad came back home later,he  was also surprise to see jawahir acting non chalantly to the surrounding at night when they get ready for bed she sat beside him.

"Ya moh can we talk"she ask and he sit up giving her all his attention.

"I'm all ears"he said

"I want you to marry basma"she drop the bomb.

"Jawahir if you think this is the right time to joke around then it's not"he said with a neutral face what was jawahir thinking asking him to marry basma.

"I'm not joking ya moh wallah I'm as serious as ever" she said swallowing a lump that was trying to form on her throat.

"Look jawahir I know you are worried about all this but this is not the right way to handle stuff,don't stress your self much Insha Allah we will find a solution"

"What solution Ya moh can't you see how worried everyone is what is there if you marry her you have known her all your life and it's not like she is a stranger to you why can't you just quit being stubborn and obey daddy for once"she said raising her voice to hide her pain but he could see right through her.

"Baby calm down has anyone said something to you"he asked worriedly he know jawahir can never make this decision her self.

"Nobody said anything for goodness sake Ya moh,I'm just trying to ease the tension and worries in this house can't you see how disturbed everyone is,mommy is not in talking terms with daddy,look at the twins who's wedding is in a few weeks but they are too worried to concentrate" she kept raising her voice.

"And you think me marry that basma will solve everything"he stopped messaging his forehead trying to calm down because he has start losing himself "just listen to your self jawahir you're being ridiculous"he let our a humorless chuckle "I'll not marry basma not in a million years"

"You're just being selfish can't you see what is happening"she try hard to stop the tears but they had to fall.

"Oh so I should be selfless and destroy my life wow what a good idea"he muttered sarcastically and that's how the banter continued until jawahirs head started spinning she almost fell due to dizziness  because they were all standing at that point but thankfully Muhammad caught but she pushed him away sitting on the bed she gulp down one cup of water.

"Babe I urge you to calm down and drop this topic for the sake of Allah"he said standing beside her.

"Ya moh Dan Allah i beg you in fact I plead with you do me a favour and take basma as your second wife if not for my sake then do it for this family I beg you"she begged kneeling down by his feet in tears Muhammad was caught offguard he didn't know when he went down and wipe her tears.

"What are you doing jawahir please stand up why you making things hard on me"he said sighing in defeat.

"I'm not ya moh but please do me this favour I'll forever be indebted to you"more tears pour down her eyes.

"Okay okay now calm down"he stood her up and sat her down on the bed "I'll  marry her for you and only for you but you can't force me to love her or treat her the way I treat you and I'll not tolerate any nonsense from her"he said with a heavy heart.

"Thank you so much may Allah grant you jannah I love you"she gave him a tight hug but he pushed gently gesture towards her tummy. He tuck her to bed and walk to his side with a heavy heart,non of them slept a wink that night,jawahir let her tears pour silently through out that night.

The next morning everyone was at the dining having their breakfast,when everyone was done Muhammad decided to speak.

"I wish to inform you about my change in decision I have decided to get married to...basma"he dropped with a heavy heart. All eyes turned back to him to see if he was joking but he maintained a straight face, Hajiya and basma couldn't contain thier happiness. The twins were surprised while jawahirs heart sink but she felt better when daddy gave her a thankful look.

"Are you insane"mummy blasted when the message sink into her.

"I'm sorry mummy but I have some reasons to which I cannot disclose"he said without meeting her gaze.

"Muhammad tell me the truth is someone forcing you or blackmailing you"she said turning to hajiya and daddy.

"Trust me mummy nobody is,it's just a decision I decided upon myself"

"Jawahir are you okay with this decision because if you're not..."before she could finish hajiya interrupted her.

"Does she have to be okay Aisha,I can see that you're trying so hard to stop this families union which Insha Allah must take place"hajiya deadpan.

"With all due respect hajiya I wasn't talking to you,so jawahir are you?"mummy ask loo king directly at jawahir.

"Yes mummy i am"she said in a low voice and mummy closed her eyes in defeat jawahir was her final hope and she has disappointed her. The dinning room was filled with tension as everyone kept eating deep in thoughts.

"With this decision of mine I want to tell you this basma I'm not marrying you because I don't love or respect my wife but in other to maintain peace in this house,I will not tolerate any form of mischief or disrespect from you towards my wife,I'll try my very best to treat you equally,but you need to know that my wife has always and will always be my top priority,followed by my unborn child, so if you see anything different it's only because I love her and that's not the case with you so I urge you to respect yourself and also respect my wife because I trust her to know that I will not face any challenges from her"he finish with straight face,jawahir felt like a thousand load have been uplifted from her heart she couldn't love this guy anyless she doesn't care what happen now she believe she is in the right hands,mummy watch her son with pride she knows she can always count on him so does daddy and the twins mainwhile hajiya's mouth was hung open as the information sank into her,basma's face was red due to how scared she was what will happen when Muhammad find out that she is responsible for what happened to his wife.

"I hope i have made my self clear"he added before leaving the room with his wife as they walk to the door they met mama standing by the door watching in pride as everything unfold she knows her daughter is in good hands. Muhammad squatted and greet her while jawahir gave her a hug.

"I'll be out for a while"he said referring to mummy and jawahir before walking out. He drove straight to Mubarak's house he couldn't believe jawahir made him do this.

"So you're gonna marry her now "Mubarak asked after listening to Muhammad.

"B...."Muhammad was about to talk when his phone rang he picked the call quickly listening carefully before saying "I will be right there"with an urgency in his voice Mubarak decided to drive.........

I deserve a reward guys triple update fah haba.....😉
So haffa,
A cliffhanger right?
Who do you think the call is from?
Follow me to the next chapter to find out............

Vote,
Comment,
Share and
Follow

                               Hafsatou💖