Case File: First Appearance #9

It has been a little over two years since the Lan arrived to apply for visitation visas on planet Wroug.

Today is a pretty nice day. Two female Wroug Social Order officers are standing outside in a park. They stood there, in that park, often.

Parks are agreeable places to gather for all ages. Parks are also places where people sometimes go to hide their faces from public view for brief periods.

The older officer has a calm and encouraging manner, which guides those that are stressed. She is quick to compliment someone that manages short "away time" out of sight in the park and often explains where privacy places in nearby buildings can be found.

For about eight days, their role has been different. They were keeping the Wroug away from this part of the park.

Just a little down the path, there were two Lans. One Lan was lying on the path, completely still. Appearing to be an elLan, it was actually an alLan.

Something wrong had happened. The alLan had been forcibly plane swapped.

It might be reasonable to describe this as a hostage situation. It took him to another plane by unauthorized technology. Standing there with him is his belonging mate (effectively a wife). She wanted a nice vacation here on Wroug and was insistent.

The Lan are not machines. Standing eight days is difficult. Social systems help give an appearance suitable for the public, but do not erase inner turmoil and exhaustion.

The two Social Order officers discuss. The older leading a conversation to educate the younger officer. "She is not showing it, expect for little tells. The Lan can appear calm, but be inwardly vexed. I think she will simply collapse soon. If she was a Wroug, I would sedate her and place her in care. As it is, this is a strain on the Lan/Wroug relationship. I hear they might just leave. "

The Lan had gotten no successful applications from the Wroug to belong.

The few Wroug ambassadors did not appear to be able to explain this hostage issue.

Applications were made, but usually it just ends in the early discussion stages. They made some applications because of dares or drunkenness.

This is a nice park. It is a pretty nice day.

An auditory effect grows. It seems to come from nowhere.

[B] [Br] [Br] [Br] [Bri] [Brii] [riii] [riiii] [iin] [ing] [ingg] [nggg]

The noise is in the air. It has a disjointed condition, as if you are listening to four or five tracks that are variably volumed echoes of a ringing alarm clock bell.

From about the time the noise starts, a large sphere appears hovering over to the right of the path. It takes on golden shimmering reflective quality. When the auditory ringing ends, the sphere becomes transparent and shows something inside. Eventually, the sphere is gone and what is inside drops to the ground.

The Social Order officers decide to stay put because this could be something to do with a hostage situation. Certainly, aliens should not just drop into parks. It appears to be a biped. It could be a Lan, but it is really hard to tell.

It has a sort of craft with two wheels, no drive systems. The craft certainly have become a mangle when it dropped to the ground, but then so has the biped. All tangled together, flat on the ground.

The biped gets clear and stands up. It has a funny hat with a reflective shiny button to the left of the face. It is wearing a shirt with short sleeves and half thigh length shorts. The shoes appear to have a competition purpose.

Arlow Tsai, a human being from earth who likes to be called Arl, looks at his bicycle. He cannot figure out what just happened. He is in a park he does not recognize. He remembers being on one of his regular bike paths. He was working up a good muscle burn to forget work stress. "Now, I am here."

Something really strange catches his eye. A woman is laying flat on the path, unnaturally still. He walks over. Beautiful. Empty. Unusual ..

He is swung around very quickly to see the same face gripping his arm. He looks at both. Twins, clone cosplay? She is saying something, very strange voice, very strange words.

He is swung around again. She has his arm and is behind him. She places her fingers up to the back of his neck. Arl feels a sting and in shock falls back onto the woman (who has no physical problem holding him).

The woman does do something accidental when Arl falls back. She completes a proxy application for Lan Citizenship for him. It was a mistake, but she had been standing awake for eight days.

In a little while, he can understand the words she is saying.

"I will tell you again. Do Not Go Near Him! Who are you? Where did you come from? Who sent you?"

The elLan forces Arl back to where his bicycle is. She holds him from behind.

In a bit, two other identical beautiful women walk up the Arl (still restrained by one hand). They both put a single hand to his face and smile.