Case File: Connectivity #12

The steps for "second" and then "first" to validate "hubby" took place behind closed doors.

There were fast spoken arrangements, but the marriage (the belonging contracts) was settled. Ready to be announced.

"hubby" lifts "second" by a hand. He draws one hand across her face and neck and then draws another hand over the other side. A rare Lan greeting ritual. He says, 'Never have found a more gracious and stately elLan in one of such few years. I have found a gift to be cherished." He then kisses her.

"hubby" lifts "first" by a hand and places her next to "second". He repeats the ritual. Saying 'Your depths are hidden and many. I am sure, I have found a gift, to watch in amazement.'. He then kisses her.

He turns to Ami seated on the couch and falls to his knees. He draws her body to his face. "hubby" performs the Lan greeting ritual and kisses Ami.

The four discuss the public release, and "first" crafts a lovely mood statement about the day they had met on Planet Wroug. It is changed slightly by both "second" and Ami. "Hubby" will get the credit, despite his protests. He knows just the place for it. An elLanXelLan forum that he sometimes writes in (when he has swapped to a feminine form).

They make the public announcements. A request for complete privacy with no gift deliveries. Ami needs time to adjust to everything that makes a Lan citizen.

"hubby, "first" and second" step away from Ami and ask her to step forward.

"hubby" says: "Congratulations, Ami of Wroug, you are now a Lan citizen. 70 trillion Lans are looking at you now as if you were on a stage, looking to see what you will do next."

Ami smiles a bit, her eyes grow quite dilated.