Case File: First Appearance #18

The three "social causes" elLans are pretty sure that they will spend 10 or 20 minutes here; and then whisk this cute alien off of Wroug. Help them find their home with help of millions or billions of Lans.

Arlow Tsai and the three elLans walk down a ramp and enter a level area with glass doors. The glass door behind them closes. All kinds of sounds and lights scan in patterns. The area turns a pale red, and the door ahead opens.

Another ramp down, they enter a very similar area with glass doors. It is a similar situation with unusual (unusual to Arl anyway) scanning.

Again the lighting goes a kind of red, the door ahead opens, but not the door behind.

There are seven scan areas that have ramps leading further down. They go ahead through all. In the last area, there is no ramp. It is just a dead end room.

There appears to be many types of medical devices and an examination table. The red glow in the last scanning area was darkest, there were red panels with some kind of black overlay.

They allow Arlow Tsai to walk, but he is inwardly feeling wanting to be carried and held. The black overlay is quite unusual. Little specks of black, a biped form coated as if in black goo, and tentacles reaching off in the other direction from the biped.

When he turns around, the elLans are wearing clothes again, same clothes as before.

They say, "No, not the same clothes, we just bought fresh sets and put them on just now. We can teleport you and ourselves from the park. We can also buy things and have them delivered to us."

Not too long later, a Wroug woman in a lab coat enters.

"We will want your complete medical history. Most important right now. How often have you come into contact with 'shadow'? Your body, which is in the other plane, shows signs of about seven attacks."