Case File: Connectivity #21

Ami has been calmer and more pleased generally for several days. Her operation of medical therapy for the Lan has been going well for weeks.

On planet Wroug, they know about the little tricks in encouraging someone to get healthy. Special drinks, special foods, special incenses, special hats, special scarves, special hand fans, and special mittens; they sometimes use all to suggest that you will get better more quickly if you use them. Everyone knows it is all a matter of perception. Confidence makes you better, not the objects.

In Wroug videos, they appear often. Mostly for the young, but also for the terminally ill. Someone knows the end is near, but wants the little special things. A little bit of hope.

Ami has a clear head on these things. Today she is thinking about the similar, but opposite effect. "Healthful Un-think". Something that has an actual therapeutic effect, but if the patient knows about it, the benefit will vanish.

She set up a special regimen for the Lan on her staff "victim". The Wroug swap plane bracelet has turned their body to female. Each morning, they replace the bed. In theory, it is a fresh bed. It is actually a bed from one of the other seven residents. Freshly made. The 'fresh' bed has been slept in for seven days by one of the others. Each of those others wears swap bracelets. Some do not need the bracelets effect to be male, some do.

The scent of males has an effect the hind brain. Generally, women feel calmer when those scents are present.

It is just the type of effect that can be undone when the patient knows about it. Calmness and mood are good to have on your side, but tricky to keep with any reliability.

With the other action to reduce the biotic and mold in the environment, the drain on 'victim' is measurably reduced. Much happier and a return to regular sleep patterns.

This is all going so much better than when Ami was trying to cure herself.