Case File: Connectivity #17

Ami sits with "hubby" at the terminal. "first" has taken to the couch with pillows. "hubby" is quite sure the mood has shifted, but does not know why.

He tries to guide Ami into letting Lan social justice groups do the work. He gets her to use a new request for a particular notable case of a Lan that has sought relief. Having her make a request to have the matter mediated by a group suitable to all involved.

Ami spends hours looking at and trying searches. Searches based what the Governance documents recommended and then searches again to make something completely fresh. Searches that others might not be expecting, all trying to find those whose suffering was hidden.

Ami does eventually join "first" on the couch and is greeted with slow and soft embraces that lead to rest cycles.

"hubby" goes to find "second" in the bed. She pulls him close and whispers, 'I really hurt her with ignorant words today. Please hold me for now. I will ask something from you later.'

After some hours of rest cycles, "hubby" wakes up. "second" has them both stand and asks him to switch into feminine body swapped form (like he did during some parts of the citizenship tests for Ami).

"second" uses "hubby" to practice and drill finger intertwining. The Lan have one finger, two finger, and three finger touches that have a history. They are used to many rituals among elLans. "Hubby" has publicly performed these, but has never spent so much time in practice. When "second" hears a rustle outside of the bedroom, she kisses "hubby" and goes out.

"second" goes to "first" and lifts her up to her feet. "second" entwines hands using the one finger touch. "first" smiles but releases the hands. She lifts her hands up to "second".

"second" restarts the one finger clasp with both hands. "first" pulls away one hand and then lifts the entwined hand high. She turns her body and sweeps her free hand out. "Second" pauses (thinking, oh the dance), and then mimics. They use the entwined hands as a pivot for a slow, graceful dance of mirrored steps. They keep eye contact for ten minutes of slow circling with graceful arm and footing movements.

They stop and join both hands.

"first" says: "In sympathy of elLans in all the universe, it bonds us in our commonality."

"second" switches the finger touch to the two finger form, and they repeat the same dance (except they occasionally sweep in with the free hand to brush along the back of the other).

Ami and a feminine "hubby" stand watching.

They stop and join both hands, "first" says: "In sympathy of sisterly ones, it bonds us in intimacy to fulfill our purposeful lives."

"second" switches the finger touch to the three finger form, and the dance continues with occasional drawing near (face to face).

They stop and join both hands.

"first" says:" We are belongers in sympathy, it bonds us to supply for those we love."

Here "first" makes a touch that is new to "second". A four finger touch to intertwine fingers, she pulls both arms out, and it draws her and "second" close (face to face).

"first" lays her head on "second"'s shoulder and whispers words only "second" can clearly hear. "hubby" thinks he hears the words 'joined by wellsprings'.

It impresses both "second" and "hubby"; variation of the dance of sympathetic joining. Ami finds it quite beautiful and endearing.

"hubby" swaps back to his natural form and gets kisses and a promise from "first" to explain the variation of the dance and words later.

"second" feels much at ease. She did not expect to have a full rendition of this dance (initially quite traditional and then with a new unknown portion). She and "first" hug.

  She and "first" hug