Case File: Connectivity #8

"second" needs to rearrange the expected schedule. Ami will need some time to adjust to the new planetoid air. "First" and Ami go to lodgings, and "second" takes a quick tour to see if there are notable places to eat or stay.

There are two beds at the lodgings. They are bigger than Ami's and even bigger than the one at "second"'s apartment. "first" helps Ami under the covers. " first" also slides in the opposite side of the bed. Ami snuggles the side of her face into a thick pillow.

"first" wonders if this is the only time she has ever been with Ami, that Ami did not establish a gaze with both eyes.

Ami says: "You and "second" have not been 'bold' with me recently. Do you like how I loooo... uhm Do you find me..."

"first" says: "For myself, beginning on that day at work and confirmed when you were at the park. You will have me your entire life. You and I WILL BE MORE than friends. But not this soon, not you and me. I am devoted to a relationship that will last. I do not want a relationship that has you pushing me away when others draw near. Attracted to you irrevocably, when they understand your nature. I want you to be able to confide in me how you feel about that kind of thing and everything else too. We Lan live a long time, there will a perfect time for us somewhere in the centuries to come (a time of needful consolation for you or a great victory to celebrate). I want that time to happen after you have experienced all things, so you know what you want most. Even if rare or infrequent, that intimate closeness, that never distracts, is a position of joyful honor. That is what role I want."

"first" looks at Ami for a long while. Ami sees emotion labels with "desire" among others when looking at her.

"first" says: "You might also find that there is a nervousness right now. The Wroug do not stay with Lans for long. You, Ami, might have to understand that 'second' is concerned about moving too quickly. Mis-judgements are a bitter failure for us Lan. All the sleeping and falls, might change her pace towards you. I will defer to her on planning, but be sure that I will always protect you. I do not doubt her good intentions towards you."

First then rub her nose against Ami's, flips Ami over to her other side, kisses her face, and enfolds Ami in her arms as if a sleepful hug. Ami shudders a bit. Happy. Nervous.

"first" says: "You might find your senses growing more aware as time goes by. You might see things others will not. Come to me, I can explain it to you. How do you feel right now?"

Ami: "H-Happier than I have been. At peace."

"first" says: "Good. That is really, really good. We will let you decide when you are ready to get up. Just breathe calmly. We will be nearby, always. "

Ami closes her eyes and focuses on breathing.

"first" considers how she has become quite talkative with Ami. It reminds "first" of the others, long ago, that had this special connection with her. How those few broke off with a ritual. She remembers the first one, "Nana". Since "first" knew just spaceships in her youth, she was being encouraged to try to get into a planet time sleep pattern, and had many older elLans sleep next to her according to the schedule. "Nana" would have chest pains during sleep, so she placed two hands on her back (which left white bright hand prints). "Nana" slept peacefully.

Some older and wiser elLans could see the hand prints, though most did not. They wanted her to bring those marks off of "Nana". Eventually, she able to bring off the hand images. She imagined having the white marks follow her hands back to her own heart (which had been a suggestion from "Nana").

Here and now with Ami, "first" feels happy, like those days with "Nana".

A while later, "second" comes back. They make plans, get dressed and leave to go somewhere.

"first", "second" and Ami travel to a place on the planetoid where a special event will take place. A cast of four Lan's put on a tribute of selected performances. The cast changes roles quite often. A lone alLan (male Lan) in the cast often breaks character focus to speak to the audience. The audience seems to expect his lines, so it must be a part of the tribute.

Ami asks if this is a video show team because they are quite good (even though she does not know most of why the audience is enjoying certain lines).

"second" says: "These are all just local volunteers. This planetoid is a home to many older Lans. This special event is relates to quite old drama works that are not much seen or heard anymore. I will show you some things about those at a later time."

When the event ends, the four cast members take the stage to cheers from the audience. As they separate, the alLan is surrounded by elLans wearing dresses of various cuts. Ami thinks the dresses might be inside-only clothes, because arms, shoulders, and legs are visible. It was rare for a Lan to not cover most skin on Wroug (except hands and head, just as is generally seen of the Wroug).

They lead Ami towards the alLan, and she thinks that he is taller than expected. Possibly the tallest being she has ever met, not extraordinarily tall though (just taller than anyone she ever saw in person). They stay off the stage, but "second" lifts a finger to get his attention; and they exchange contact information with the alLan.

They go back to the place they are staying at, for the rest of the evening.