Case File: Connectivity #19

Ami felt thrilled about life on this planetoid in Lan space. The higher oxygen levels meant she had to concentrate on breathing rhythms.

She thinks 'These Lans, belongers to her, never failed to show affections in gazes and hugs. It is like a dream made real.'

One of the Social Justice organizations I funded sent a message. There is another group that wants to meet with me in private.

My family, "first", "second" and "hubby", think it should be fine. Even suggesting that it could be my first trip without them as escorts. They caution me about endorsements or other actions that might lead to unwanted troubles.

I use spendable points to be transferred to a privacy lounge on this planetoid. There I am contacted pretty quickly and taken to a privacy office by a nice looking elLan. She asks to transfer us again, and I find myself in a different office.

That first elLan transports out and leaves me with another nice looking elLan.

Who says: "Sorry for the obfuscation. I wanted to meet you without a traceable meeting location."

She wants me to meet with a petitioner. A tough case that has not seen a quick solution. Could I give my opinion of her situation after meeting with her?

When I agree to meet with the petitioner, she shows me three cards. Each card would have a code to access spendable points. The three cards were order-of-magnitude values apart. I was to give one of them to the petitioner if I thought the cause was worthy.

It all seemed like a situation where I could get snared in something wrong. I agreed. I had not actually done anything up to this point.

They confirmed the visit with the petitioner. She was to expect a visit from an undisclosed being (me).

They transported me to meet her. It had been offices till now. This was more like a lounge with couches. She was there. She looked quite healthy, but had a demeanor of stress. The expression mixed with surprise when she saw me.

I listened. She talked. She talked about herself. She did not look at me too much. All the problems were inward issues. Something bound this elLan in internal conflicts that hampered her ability to perform well.

I gave her the highest value card and told her that it had not been me that provided it for her. I was just a delivery person. I saw the slight shudder of relief. When I left by transport, I saw that she was just breathing (like I would sometimes have to do on Wroug).

I returned the remaining cards to the elLan that gave the three cards to me.

She told me, 'I had such high expectations when I created this organization. Cases, like the petitioner you just met, are sometimes hard. Those around her want her to grow up and accept an adult role without complaint. The internal conflict is obvious, but also is often perceived as unnecessary conflict. I am taking a gamble. You are well known. She might be able to overcome the stresses, just because you (with your fame) heard her cause and acknowledged her situation.

Ami, I want to shut down my organization and supply you with the remaining funds. I suggest that it be done without public reporting. If you agree, I will sign over funds granted to my organization. Legal and above board, but meant to let you act within an unknown new organization (your organization).'

I took the two transport jumps home. So it appeared that I had been in the first privacy office all along. "hubby" and "second" felt it should be safe. It was only an organization transaction. Those are generally private.

The fund documents I got were nowhere near the size of my spendable account. "hubby" and "second" explained that these funds would not be linked directly to me. So if I help someone, there would be little chance of immediate public reporting.

Eventually, "first" finds me, hugs me from the back in her arm over the shoulder way, and says, 'I think you did the right thing. It makes me feel happy. You did an excellent thing for that elLan.'