- T w e n t y t h r e e -

January 3rd.

Billie's POV:

Maddie got her Invisalign yesterday. She's been laying on the couch all day complaining that her teeth hurt, I know the pain.

I walked down the stairs and sat down by her, she had her face buried into the pillow and she was holding her stomach.

Billie: "How's my shorty?" I asked in a baby voice.

She turned around to face me, she was not impressed with what I asked her.

Maddie: "I'm fucking horrible, my teeth hurt. I have the worst fucking cramps. I have a headache, I wanna watch Criminal Minds but it hurts my eyes."

Billie: "I know your pain."

She changed the way she was laying so she could lay in my lap, I started playing with the ends of her hair.

Billie: "Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?"

Maddie: "Cuddles."

She moved over and then she moved up so she could lay by me. She had her head buried in my arm and she was holding her stomach. Her hair was in French braids, I did them. I started playing with the end of one of the braids.

I heard the door start to jiggle, meaning that someone was here. It was probably Kenzie, but why was Kenzie here?

Kenzie: "Yo!"

Maddie: "Dying in the living room!"

Kenzie: "I'm just dropping off your outfit for the Fashion Show tonight."

Maddie: "Say that again."

Kenzie: "The Fashion Show is tonight?"

Maddie: "I'm not going."

Kenzie: "If you ditch this one, they're not going to let you walk the next one."

Maddie: "I'll take my chances."

Billie: "Shorty, you're going. You can't back out of something like this."

Maddie: "Like I said, I'll take my chances."

Kenzie: "Maddie, you're going."

Maddie: "I'm sick."

Kenzie: "You're not sick, you're just on your period and you'll be fine tomorrow."

Maddie: "My teeth hurt too."

Kenzie: "That's because of your Invisalign, take some Advil and move on with your life." She laughed.

Maddie: "If you laugh at my pain, I really won't go. And just so you know genus, I don't have any Advil."

Billie: "Why didn't you say something? I would've gone and got it for you."

Maddie: "Because I didn't want you to leave, I wanna be cuddled." She moved closer to me.

I stuck my bottom lip out at her even though she wasn't looking at me.

Kenzie: "You gotta leave here by 5." She started to walk towards the door.

Maddie: "Bring me back Advil, or whatever."

Kenzie: "That's my girl."

I pulled out my phone and texted Kenzie.

Kenzie

bring her back flowers too, ill venmo you when you get here.

Okay, any kind of flower?