- F o r t y e i g h t -

March 27th

Billie's POV:

We landed in New York late last night, and today I'm proposing. I'm so scared, but a good scared. I don't think she's going to say no, I'm just nervous.

Everyone that's in New York with us knows the plan, and everyone has a role in this. And if they all didn't come then I wouldn't be able to pull this off.

I was nervous before, but now that today's the day, I am so scared. I've rehearsed this with everyone, so everyone knows their role. I'm praying that everything goes to plan.

It's just about 9 in the morning, I slept on the plane but Maddie didn't. So I didn't sleep that much last night, but Maddie's slumped.

Our day doesn't really start until about 11, I have her going to brunch with Claudia and then I go with Kenzie and Finneas to set everything up and then Holden comes in later.

Kenzie and Holden weren't supposed to come out here, but I needed them to. So I was able to convince them to lie to Maddie about why they're really here.

I've been waiting for this day for so long, but now that it's here. I mean I want to marry her, but I don't want to do it today. Because I'm nervous, but I'm still going to do it.

Maddie started to move, and she nuzzled closer to me. I started running my hand through her hair.

Billie: "Good morning shorty."

Maddie: "I don't wanna get up." She whined and hid her face in my arm.

Billie: "But you have to, this is the last day we have before tour."

Maddie: "Exactly, today's the last day before tour. So that's exactly why we should sleep in."

Billie: "I'm not gonna win this am I?"

Maddie: "Probably not." She smiled and rested her head on my chest.

...

About an hour later.

Maddie's POV:

I only fell asleep for another 30 minutes or so, I was just enjoying Billie's company. And the way she was scratching my back also felt really good.

I'm kinda nervous for today, I know nothing that's going on today because Billie has everything planned down to the last little detail. She wants today to be perfect.

I don't know what her plan is, or anything like that. I know she's been planing this for a minute though because her lies aren't the best. She'd say that she had a meeting or something like that, but her meetings have been over.

I'm not mad about it though, I appreciate her effort.

I started lightly stroking Billie's hip lightly, and she moved her hand up to my face to move a strand of my hair.

I opened my eyes, and she didn't say anything. She looked down and smiled at me. I smiled back at her, she moved down so she could give me a kiss.

Maddie: "What are we doing today?"

Billie: "First, you're going to lunch with Claudia while Kenzie, Holden, and I set up."

Maddie: "All three of you have to set up?"

Billie: "Yeah, it's going to take a minute. Then I need Claudia to stall for like 2 hours, and then you and I will grab lunch. Then after that, there's more."

Maddie: "How long have you had this planned?"

Billie: "I can't tell you that." She smiled.

I sat up and checked my phone, Billie did the same. It was just about to be 11. I'm not even that jet-lagged because I've been waking up early anyway.