- T w e n t y s i x -

Billie's POV:

I don't know why, but the internet now literally hates us being together. They comment under my posts and Maddie's posts saying that we would be better off without each other, there used to be so much love and support. But now there's literally none.

I try to talk to her about it, but she shuts me down and changes the topic. I'm scared that our relationship is going to crumble, she's not trying to fix it.

I walk down the stairs and Maddie's standing against the island, her arms are crossed and she was looking down at the ground. She had her glasses on and she exhaled sharply.

She heard me come down the stairs, Milo's tag was jingling as she was following me. She looked up and quickly wiped her eyes, I rushed over to her but she walked away from me.

Billie: "Shorty, what's wrong?"

She walked away and stood in the corner of the kitchen in the same position, she was in when I walked down. Her arms crossed, her eyes low.

Billie: "Talk to me."

I stood away from her not wanting her to move away from me again, I boosted myself up on the counter and watched her. Tears streamed down her face as she was lost in her thoughts.

I thought about what would have her like this, and then it hit me. It hit me like a bus.

Billie: "No, no, no." I mumbled to myself, and I ran my hands through my hair.

Billie: "This is about us." She looked up at me and her lip quivered. Her thoughts aren't good.

Maddie: "This has to end." She could barely get her words out, it took me a second to process what she said.

Billie: "No, what? What are you talking about?" I forced back the tears that are now burning my eyes.

Maddie: "This isn't working."

My words get stuck in my throat and nothing comes out, she should've talked to me when she had the chance, she shouldn't have shut me out.

Billie: "I refuse to let us end over that."

Maddie: "There's nothing else that we can do! I don't want to call it quits, but..."

Billie: "You said it yourself, we're endgame. We can fix this." I tried to stay calm even though the amount of heartbreak I feel right now is crazy.

Maddie: "That was before the publicity, and everyone else knowing what was going on between us. The whole thing wasn't bad, I love you and I had an amazing time with you-"

Billie: "Stop, what are you doing?" Pain rang in my voice.

Maddie: "I'm trying to break up with you but you're not letting me!"

Billie: "I'm not going to let you break up with me! Why would I let you do that?!"

Maddie: "You would be better off without me, you wouldn't get hate anymore. You could live your life in peace."

Billie: "No, what? Listen to yourself, I couldn't live in peace if I'm not with you! I refuse to let this end, what do you wanna do?"

Maddie: "I want you to forget about me and move on with your life, you might be in pain for awhile, but you will get over it. As much as this hurts, it'll be the same way for me."

Billie: "Why do you want to end it?"

Maddie: "You have done nothing wrong, and you have done everything right. I told you that every time I could, you made me feel loved and you still make me feel loved. It's the public."