5- Noceur

*one who stays up late at night.*
____________________

I stood frozen. I was too shocked as my mind tried to register the situation panning out in front of me.

"It's you right? Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." He chuckled .

I wanted to speak something but my stupid brain just didn't put any words out. I opened my mouth and shut it again, slightly looking away.
He laughed out loud, at my reaction.

"You seem surprised. Am I making you uncomfortable?" He raised his eyebrows. I could see a slight confusion on his face.

"Um....no, no, not at all. I.... Huh." I took a deep breath, and rubbed my sweaty palms over my jeans.
"Sorry, I am very shocked. You are the last person I expected to meet here. What are you doing here at this hour?" I smiled while tilting my head.

He put his hands in his pockets, after taking the mask away.

"I just came out for a walk. I was bored and the dorm felt kinda stuffy."

"Your dorm is near here?" I gave him a surprised look.

"Not quite, you know we live in a place that could pass as a small town of it's own." He chuckled. "I drove for a while and found this road pretty empty, thought I could walk a little without being recognized." He rubbed the back of his head with his hand.

"You got your license, huh?" I raised an eyebrow.

He froze and blinked. And then he smiled, "I forgot that you are an Army too."

His smile though, he could set the world right with his smile. It drew a smile on my face too.

"Care to join me on a walk?" I started taking slow steps forward.

"Where are you headed to?" He joined me.

"The store, my friend is in there drunk." I shook my head.

"You didn't drink?" He turned and started walking backwards while facing me.

"I am not stupid enough to do something that is known to spoil your health." I gave him a lop sided smile.

"Touchè" He turned and started walking by my side again. "But alcohol isn't bad all the time. Helps take the stress off, wine keeps your skin in a good condition too."

"I know. But I don't want to try it." I sighed.

"How do you know it's bad if you haven't even tried it."

"I have treated enough patients with terrible health issues due to alcohol misuse and trust me you would stop drinking too, if you've seen what I've seen." I snorted.

"True."

We had reached the shop. I placed my hand on the door, when I realized what we were doing. I whirled around and almost bumped into his chest. He held me by my shoulders , while looking down at me.

"You can't be seen this way! Put your mask on." I said, slightly agitated. Rumors are difficult to put up with.

"Yes ma'am." He smiled and put the mask on. He was already wearing a cap. I smiled and pushed the door open. I went through the aisles and got the medicine. As I made my way to the counter, I saw lollipops . I smiled at the thought of us eating them and picked two of them up. I made my way to the counter and paid for the things that I bought. As the guy packed it up for me. I turned around to see Jimin put down two cans of soft drinks. I raised my eyebrows questioningly.

"Because you don't drink."

I turned away smiling and collected the items. We left the store and while I turned to make my way back, he said, "Shall we walk for a little longer?"