18- Serein

*the fine, light rain that falls from a clear sky during sunset or the early hours of the night.*
________________________

We were walking our way back to the hotel, hand in hand. We were talking about small things.

Suddenly I felt something wet on my hand. I brought my hand up to face and there was nothing there. I looked around us and there were people going about their businesses. And then it happened all of a sudden.

Rain.

It was a slight drizzle but it was so refreshing. The day had been hot and the cold rain drops were so welcome. Jimin grabbed my hand and pulled me to get away from the rain.

I pulled back. He raised his eyebrows at me questioningly.

"Let's walk in the rain." I gave him a crazy smile.

He looked at me with amusement and shook his head. I put my arms out, getting wet. Within, minutes we were both dripping wet.

"Come on, you'll catch a cold." Jimin tugged my wrist, taking me along with him. I had lost my mind.

I was always inside the hospital when it rained. Heck, I didn't even know it had rained until I see the roads wet on my way home. I was getting wet in the rain after a long time.

I felt elated. I let Jimin lead the way. In no time, I was standing in our room. I looked at Jimin surprised. It felt as if I was in headspace.

Jimin narrowed his eyes at me and then took my bag away from me. Then he pulled me into the bathroom and turned hot water on. We stood under the shower, hot water running over our cold bodies.

It was soothing. I leaned forward and rested my head on his chest. He put his arms around me and pulled me into a hug.

"Are you alright? You looked spaced out." He asked.

"Sorry. I just felt so happy. It's the happiest I have been in days. I just didn't want to come down from that place."

He hugged me tighter. I felt like crying. Why was I getting so emotional? PMS. That must be it.

Stupid emotions. My heart's job was to pump blood, not make stupid decisions.

Jimin pulled my face up towards him and kissed me. "You will keep being this happy. I'll make sure of that. Just don't disappear like that. I couldn't feel your presence even when I was holding you. You scared me real bad."

I nodded.

Jimin hugged me again and turned the shower off.

"I'll bring your clothes. Change and we'll leave. Okay?"

"Okay." I looked at him. He started leaving.

"Jimin." He turned back. "I love you."

"I love you." He smiled and left.

He gave me a change of clothes and left.

We got our things packed and checked out of the hotel. He put his card out to pay and I held his wrist.

"You paid for everything. This is mine to pay. The registration is under my name anyways." I said.

"Alright." He smiled. "But this is not how it works. We don't have to see eye to eye when it comes to money." He said as we walked back to his car.

"I know. But I do it for the peace of my mind. Otherwise I feel like I'm in debt." I chuckled.

"Fair enough. I get that feel." He said as he put our things in the trunk.