15- Eunoia

*beautiful thinking*

____________________________

"Now?" I almost screamed.

"I know, I'm sorry but the other kid took a holiday out of the blue. You are the only other person who is fit to do it. You have the experience." Ji hyun said.

"Ji hyun I have a date with my boyfriend today. We are meeting after almost two freaking weeks. We both are so excited that he wouldn't bother to kidnap me away from here." I was about to cry. I was missing him so badly.

It had been 10 days since the last date and all Jimin and I did was talk on the phone and send texts. I couldn't even video call him. We were both busy throughout the week. He was writing a new song and was almost tearing his head apart. I had an equally difficult week.

And then, I was being told that I had to be in surgery that evening.

"I hate my life." I put my head on my hands, resting on the table.

"Cheer up. It could have been worse." He said.

"Don't! Don't even think of anything. Don't jinx the situation to something worse than what it already is." I said.

"Yes ma'am." He chuckled.

I had to text Jimin and tell him that I would be late. It was the weekend. I had the Sunday off. So we had planned to disappear for two days, the night of Saturday and the whole of Sunday.

As I took my phone out to text him, I saw the time. 1:00pm.

"I'm late for class! Oh no, oh no!" I started speaking frantically getting up and running around in circles.

Ji Hyun held me by my shoulders and turned me in the direction of my dorm. "Go get your books and get lost. Don't create a ruckus here." He gave me slight push.

"Thanks bro. I'll treat you to food next time." I screamed at him as I ran for my class.
________________________

I was starting to fall asleep. I always sat in the middle row of benches during classes to avoid being questioned.

How to survive in classes 101:

1) Sit in the middle row. Teachers always focus on the first and last benches.

2) You can sleep as much as you like. You only need to master one thing. The ability to sleep in whichever position you are in.
Now when you have that mastered, open a book, put a pen in your hand. Rest the side of your face on the other hand. Sleep.

3) Hungry? Take whatever you crave into class. Whenever the teacher turns around or looks at the laptop, chuck the food into your mouth and cover your face with your hand. If you're eating something like chips, keep it in mouth without chewing for a while, it'll go soft. Enjoy!

4) Wanna use your phone? Use it. Just make sure to look at the teacher from time to time.

Done!

Years of practice had made me a pro.

I sat in the class trying not to doze off. Whatever they taught in class was useless anyways. Neither the teacher nor us, understood a single word. Why did they even take classes for us? We learned everything from books anyways.

Truth be said, the only time I paid extreme attention to what was being told was when the professor goes into storytime mood. They told us stories about how they did miraculously impossible things to save the patient. And those moments when they played footage of surgeries. Now that was interesting!

I slowly pulled my phone out to text Jimin.

*Hey Chim. Just texted you to inform that I have a surgery to attend at 3. It's short and will end by 4. I am so, so sorry. See you at 4.30?*