8- Lacuna

* a blank space*

______________________

I could almost hear the watch ticking. The sound of the machinery running. Silence was forming a thick blanket when he decided to speak up. His angelic voice cutting through the silence like an arrow.

"How've you been?" I didn't have the courage to look at him. My body was burning and I really felt like I was about to fall sick later.

"Fine. How are you?" I asked him, the events of our last meeting trailing through my mind.

"I'm great. So what brings you here? ....Unless you've been stalking me?" His voice had a hint of mirth.

I looked at him sharply. He had leaned down to look at me. "Why would I do that?"

Let me tell you something. There was one fault in me that really sucked. The ability to change moods within milliseconds. I even wondered if I had ADHD. Right then, my shyness had gotten thumped back and anger and contempt had started surging through me.
If I had wanted to do something bad, I would've done it already.

"Hey, I was kidding. Why the long face?" He chuckled. "Wait, you took that seriously?" His smile quickly turned into a look of guilt. "H...hey, I was just kidding. I didn't mean to hurt you..." He trailed off, searching my face for answers.

What was I doing all this time? Regretting my facial expression. I was one hormonal idiot. I breathed out.

"I'm sorry. I didn't intend to sound that harsh. I was just..... emotions took over. Sorry." I bent my head down.

Jimin placed his hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have said that."

We had reached the rooftop. The doors opened to a beautifully designed rooftop. Exotic flowers and climbers built a natural roof overhead. The remnants of the setting sun, creeping through the gaps in between.
I stepped out of the elevator and breathed in the fresh air. I took a few steps forward and saw the rooftop running quite a few feet to the left giving way to a lounge area to enjoy the scenic view. I started walking towards it.

"Wow, it's so beautiful!" Oh, I almost forgot I had company. Almost.

I turned around and smiled at him, motioning him to follow me. "Let's go there."

He smiled, surprised at my childlike behavior.

I sprinted lightly past the soft couches and towards the wall bordering the rooftop, about the height of my hips . It was a sight worth paying for. The mountains guarding the blue lake, surrounded by lush green grass, the paved pathways on the mountains, the cry of the birds. Suddenly, I was okay with all the money that I was spending. I chuckled.

"Beautiful. Does the beauty make you laugh?" He stood beside me, placing his palms on the wall as well.

I turned my head to look at him and trust me, his face looked as good as the scenery in front of me, even better. God definitely took his time making this masterpiece.

"Do I stun you even more?" He smirked.

Oh dear, he knew. I laughed. "You got me."

"So what brings you here?" He leaned down on his elbows over the wall, looking at me. The setting sun splayed its rays across his face, creating shadows. I held my breath. My heart was working overtime.

"You're beautiful." I whispered. My face probably looked like the emoji with hearts shooting out of its eyes.