12- Nyctophilia

*love for darkness*

_________________________

"Suction." The professor said.

The blood flowing out from the injury was being sucked out by the tube and it was getting collected in a cylindrical container.

"Bovie." The nurse put the bovie in his hands.

"Dr.Saura how are you supposed to find the graft? "

I gave him the answers while putting my hand out open towards the nurse. "Right angled forceps."

I placed the forceps in and looked at my professor for permission. He nodded and I got on with the process.

He was a nice man letting the students do the process and helping them at the right time, making us all learn well.

"Cut." I made a knot.

"Cut." He said and cut the string off.

It was finally done. I smiled at him.

"Well done." He smiled back. "Stitch the patient up. Good job today."

I bowed to him, as he left the theatre.

It was the students job to finish the stitches and send the patient back to the ward safely.
_________________________

I laid down on my bunk trying to rest my back before going on my rounds to check on the patients. I had severe back and neck pain making me want to sit down all the time. But I had learned to ignore it.

Embracing your pain is the best way to overcome them.

I felt weird. Like I needed someone to give me a hug saying that it was alright and that all the pains would go away some day. Self pity was one of the worst emotions people could ever experience. It messes up with your brain.

I usually listened to songs and sang along with them. Music was my driving force to live. I wouldn't have survived all those years without it. And BTS played a crucial role in it too. They made me realize that doing what we like can be hard too. Just because we do something we like doesn't make us happy. We need to have mental peace. And trust me, mental peace is a topic people don't understand. It is always ignored.

BTS made me want to explore myself. They spoke out loud about the forbidden topic.

Speaking of BTS. Being lonely surely made me an idiot too. I had a lovely guy to speak to. How could I forget him? I smiled to myself as I dialed his number.

*Saura?*His voice was groggy.

"Oh, were you sleeping? I'm sorry. I'll call you later. I should have texted you first." I felt so, so sorry.

Sleep. A holy thing, whose value you realize only when you enter college. There are nights when you get all the time in the world to sleep and you throw it in the bin to watch dramas, chat with your friends and be crazy. Then there are those nights where you get just enough sleep to recharge your body for the next day. And finally, the days where sleep isn't even an option in your everyday schedule due to exams. I've stayed awake for 4 days straight with an hour's nap from time to time due to the darned exams.

So I make sure not to disturb anyone's sleep.

*Hey babe, its alright. We barely get to speak with each other as it is. Might as well use the time we get, properly." He chuckled softly.

I'd never heard those words before. I had never been anyone's first preference other than my parents.

 I had always wanted to be somebody's first choice. He said I was. My eyes started getting wet.