16- Yūgen

* a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe that triggers a deep emotional response.*

________________________

Jimin's POV:

"I am falling for you Park Jimin." She turned to look at me.

Me too. I pecked her lips sweetly.
"I already have, babe."

I pulled her onto the mat and I sat pulling her down, to sit in between my legs.

We sat there, as I rocked us from side to side. The sun was almost down. We watched it go down the border of water, until the last streaks of sun rays disappeared.

"Shall we eat?" I asked her. She nodded. I opened the basket and took out some fruits and a knife to cut them up. Saura liked her fair share of junk food but she made up by eating healthy food all the time.

"Thank you." she said while taking the piece of the apple that I cut for her. She took another piece and put it in front of my mouth.

"Open." She commanded.

I opened my mouth while smiling. She popped the apple in my mouth.

"Keep feeding me." I said. She looked at me amused. "I'm busy, see?" I said showing her my hands.

She chuckled and agreed to do it.

It grew darker and the first few stars peeped at us from the sky. The moon was already up. It was a full moon and the waves were wild. It was roaring and we could barely hear ourselves talking.

Saura was running here and there looking for seashells or crabs. She had collected quite a lot of seashells to take as souvenirs from our trip. I helped her out with it.

Soon it turned so dark that we couldn't see anything on the beach without a torch. We had strayed away from where our belongings were. As we walked back, my eyes took the scenery in. The moonlight was reflected by the sea water and it fairly lit up the beach.

It was just us on the beach and the restless waves. We reached our mat and we sat down.

"I'm so damn hungry. All that running has tired me out." She put her head into the basket. I laughed. She was such a kid.

"Here, let me help." I pulled her hands away and pulled the boxes out arranging them on the mat. I had carefully chosen not to bring any of the things that she didn't eat.

She munched away happily. It was heartwarming to see her eat well.

After a hearty meal and lots of fun talk and stories, we laid down completely exhausted as we looked at the sky again.

Saura liked looking at the sky and every time we were together, she kept looking at it. I wasn't complaining though. Both the sky and she looked beautiful. I enjoyed the view.

"I haven't seen a shooting star until now. Not a single time in all these years that I've gazed at the sky." She sighed. "Looking at the sky ignites strange thoughts in me. At times, I am taken by surprise by my thoughts too." She chuckled.

"Just look at the sky. Keep looking at it, and you'll realize how small and insignificant we are in this world. You'll see how small the earth is and how small we are. The universe is so huge and bewitching. The whole thing could tumble and break down to nothing some day. But still, we strive so hard to live everyday, when we could live it to the fullest, happily."

She paused.

"But that's just how life works." She added.

I was astounded by her thoughts. I live with people like Namjoon and he speaks pretty deep topics. She did it too.