10- Back to reality

Saura's POV:

"Dude, FREAKING WAKE UP!" Mare screamed into my ears. This girl was a nightmare to live with.

"Mare please don't take me anywhere today. I am done for the day, already." I turned on my side to look at her, perched on the end of the bed.

"Who asked you to leave your girlfriend for a guy huh? Be thankful that I care about your love life." She flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"Babe, I don't think he has such feelings. I mean, look at the guy. He is surrounded by beautiful girls all the time. I think he sees me as a friend. Someone whom he can speak to, when he feels down." I was mentally dissecting the events that had happened between us until then.

"He doesn't seem to be flustered by me. Think of it this way, if two people were attracted to each other, they wouldn't be as comfortable as we are with each other. They would try to look good to the other person. He is way too comfortable and open with his thoughts when he is with me, it frankly makes me feel protective of him. I like him, for who he is. A person, not an idol. Being the gentleman that he is, he took care of me too. I guess we are just people who hit it off well and are good friends."

"Wooooow. You speak like a love doctor for someone who's never dated." Mare clapped her hands sarcastically. "I don't know what he is up to but if he hurts you I'll get his arse." She huffed. I chuckled.

"You have our Dae Hyun anyways. Whoever confesses first gets it. First come first serve baby." She spread her hands.

Dae Hyun? I had forgotten about him. Oh no. What was I doing? Was I playing him? I felt like a cheat.

I should get my mind cleared.

"Maren, I shouldn't be doing this. The poor guy literally confessed to me and here I am going on a date with another guy." I sat up abruptly, placing my head in my hands.

"Hey no no no, baby, you guys are not in a relationship okay. You just went on a date. You need to have options too before you date. You are going to spend a significant part of your life with this guy and it's only fair that you have choices. They'll understand too." She pulled me into a hug.

"Come on, let's go shopping. I am dying to go. You owe me a date too." We both chucked.

_________________________

"Jeez, look at this dress! Shall we get matching ones?" Mare held up a beautiful summer dress. It was quite exquisite.

"I'll take the yellow, you get the white. You'll look like an angel in it." I picked the dress up.

We kept roaming around eating to our fill and shopping. Well most of it was window shopping unless we found something worth it's money. Shops sold absolute nonsense for a whole lot of money and I wasn't going to fall for it. You learn stuff like how to spend your money with caution and saving up, when you earn money on your own. I mentally thanked my parents for spending their money on me without second thoughts. I made a note to call them once we went back home. I spoke to them at least twice a week. My father would go berserk if he didn't hear my voice. I loved him to bits.

I left my dog, Brown with my parents too. I was the only child and my demand for pets was finally accepted by mom and they got me Brown. I missed him too. My baby.

We reached our hotel late in the afternoon. I don't usually check my phone when I'm outside. I got comfortable in the room and decided to listen to a few songs while packing up. We were to leave by evening. I opened my phone to start listening to music when I saw the notification of a message.

*Hey, hope you feel alright. I'm tired as hell. I'll be busy all morning. Could you spare me some time this evening?*

*By the way, this is your Chim.*