36-Conversations

"Mm, it's delicious!" I said, slurping the noodles from the bowl in front of me.

"I know right? I always get it ordered from here." Jimin added, eating his food with vigor similar to mine.

We were sitting in a restaurant eating food. Jimin had managed to reserve a secluded corner beforehand to have some privacy. It was truly a hassle to avoid being caught by the media. It was our first time eating outside in a restaurant even if we'd been dating for months. We avoided going out in public to prevent getting caught and always ended up in each other's houses, cars or on rooftops. Life was hard, but we had no idea of going public anytime soon. The topic had come up in our conversations several times and neither of us were in a condition to sacrifice our peace of mind at the moment.

"Here, try this." Jimin put his chopsticks in front of my mouth. I took the food in.

"Wow. What's that?" I asked him with raised eyebrows. It was spicy and sweet at the same time. It hit the taste buds just right. I LOVED spicy food. I would eat it anytime, any day. Let's just say that I got issues in my stomach because I eat a lot of spicy food. That was the level I was on. I was busy looking for the dish on the table, when Jimin put his fingers under my chin, pulling my face towards his. He ran his tongue over my lips, making me freeze in my seat. I almost chocked on my food.

I looked at him with wide eyes when he said, "There, the sauce is gone."
My cheeks flared up and I looked away, rubbing my lips clean with the back of my hand.

"Do you realize how easy it is to tease you? You are so freaking sensitive, I just can't keep my hands to myself. You are such an innocent baby." Jimin chuckled as he pecked my cheek, placing a hand on my waist.

"Shut up. I hate you." I tried to look somewhere else, just not him.

"Aww. I love you too. Eat up." He kept chuckling. I hated his guts. He knew I was shy and kept having fun teasing me.

We were done with the food soon and when the waitress asked if we wanted desserts, I took one look at the menu and shook my head. Nope, we weren't going to spend an extra month's salary on the same amount of food that you could get cheaper outside.

"Let's go out." I whispered into his ears.

"Why? The desserts look fine. Don't they match your taste?" He asked me.

"You'll see. Just ask for the bill." I replied, trying to sit comfortably. It was one of those restaurants where you got a cubicle for yourself, each one designed like traditional Korean rooms. You had to sit on the floor on cushions. Food was served on a short table in front of you.

"Okay." He smiled. He starting getting up, ready to leave.

I reached out for my bag. I had packed a lot for the holiday, starting from clothes to toiletries and a few other things. I was roaming around with a huge bag. I was about to pull my purse out of the bag to pay when he stopped my hand.
"What are you doing?"

"Don't we have to pay?" I asked him.

"You pay beforehand here, and then eat whatever you want." He smiled.

"Are you kidding me? I already told you not to pay for things Jimin." I looked at him, exasperated.

"Don't even start. I buy you nothing. Absolutely NOTHING. Guys usually get their girlfriends clothes, makeup and whatnot. You don't use those and you banned me from getting you clothes since you remain in scrubs most of the time. Have you ever considered my point of view? I never do anything for you." He ranted, sitting back down.

I didn't know he felt that way. Oh dear lord. What did I do to deserve him?

I hugged him. "You are already doing a lot for me. You just don't realize it Chim. Don't say things like these again and don't ever feel bad. I am banning you from having these thoughts too."