54-Majime

*an earnest reliable person who can get things done without creating drama*

Guys, Our book won third in the collective fiction category of The Wildwood Awards. 😍😍 Also did you all enjoy the voiceover episode of run? Here's the picture of the person who nailed it all.👆👆👆 💜💜 I am in love with this guy. How is he good at everything? 🥺
_______________________________

I rested in his arms until all the tears in my eyes had dried. He kept whispering soothing words into my ears and kept patting my back until I grew tired. Pregnancy wasn't helping me a single bit. I grew tired by doing the most minimalistic things.

Dae hyun attempted to get up, but I didn't let him go, clinging onto him like a koala. He smiled, amusement evident on his face on seeing this side of me for the first time. He held my shoulders, giving them a slight squeeze.

"I'm just going to get you some water. I'm not going anywhere."

I nodded, wiping my cheeks dry. I knew I was behaving like a child but I couldn't help myself. I was a step away from taking a wrong decision and he saved me by snapping me out of my fazed state. I was already indebted to him and he just added another event to the list. He always kept picking me out of sticky spots.

He sat down in front of the me on the sofa, handing me a glass of water. I gulped it in one go making him chuckle softly. He made another trip to the kitchen, this time returning with a whole bottle of water. I gladly plucked it out of his hands, watering down my dry mouth and throat. I sniffled, trying to hold the snot in. Again, obviously, Dae hyun handed me a handkerchief.

"How are you here?" I finally spoke.

"Maren." He sighed. I gave an exasperated laugh. She wouldn't keep her mouth shut for anything in this world. I remember her pestering me to send her my location and address. I didn't expect her to do this though. But hey, I wasn't complaining. I was glad beyond expectation, to have some company with me right now.

"Why didn't you think about telling me anything? Am I not a friend in your eyes?" He said, quoting the word friend with his fingers.

"Don't ask. I came to know about it just a week before. I am going through sh*t right now. I legit thought about getting an abortion and killing myself too... " Before I could finish my sentence, two fingers were placed on my lips shushing me.

"Please don't say that." He said, face expressing his grief. "You are having a new chance at life, a new chapter. Why would you say such a thing?"

I remained silent, not willing to repeat the events that happened in my life to him. I didn't want to reminisce them and make myself go through hell again. It made Dae hyun sigh again.

"Why did you have to get pregnant though?" He took my hands in his, rubbing them to create some warmth. "That bastard doesn't deserve you. He doesn't deserve to put you through the pain of delivering him a kid." He added, taking me by surprise. I was still at a loss for words. I just kept watching him, eyes wide.

"Are you going to keep the baby?" He asked all of a sudden.

"Where is this coming from?..."  I got cut short by him again.

"Just answer the goddamn question Saura. Are you sure you want the child?" I stayed silent.

I wasn't sure anymore. I didn't want to let it go but I didn't want to bring my kid into a world without love. It would have to grow without a father or any family. Why put a child under so much pain?

I felt a hand on my cheek, lifting my face. I looked into his eyes. For the first time I noticed how calm and composed he looked despite the concern etched in his face for me. He was really handsome for someone who wasn't a celebrity.