43-Vellichor

* the strange wistfulness of used bookshops*
________________________________

Saura's POV:

We ran under the shelter of the tteokbokki place hand in hand. We asked the lady in the shop to give us the food while it's hot. We wiped the small drops of water that had fallen over us. It had begun to drizzle. And it was cold. My thin clothes weren't helping. The sudden change in climate took us by surprise and I should have worn better clothes. My bad. Making bad decisions was a trait that was born with me.

"Here." Jimin shrugged out of his jacket but I stopped him. I walked close to him and hugged him, wrapping my arms around him, under the jacket. He chuckled as he hugged me back. The warmth radiating from his body was so welcoming and I melted into it. "Are you still cold?" He asked me patting my back.

 "Are you still cold?" He asked me patting my back

"Not anymore." I said softly, voice muffled by his chest.

"Here, eat it while it's hot. You'll feel better." He fed me the rice cakes marinated in sauce. Oh heavenly! I could trade anything in the world for food. Kay, maybe not Jimin. But I loved food as much as I loved him.

You love food more than him. Shut up.

My inner voice made me laugh. I detached myself from him and dug into the mouthwatering food making him laugh.

"I miss being young. Must be nice for both being young and in love." The lady said smiling fondly at us.

"Thank you." We responded laughing.

We had our fill, also receiving extra food as takeout from the lady because she liked us a lot. My happiness had shot through the roof. I walked, a skip in my steps as we made our way towards our car. The rain had already stopped. I was expecting a downpour very soon, the sky was holding back. We had to get back home soon.

"Do you wanna go shopping?" Chim asked me.

"I don't have anything to purchase." I replied, pouting. My reply made him sigh.

"Honestly, it's my first time seeing a woman saying that she wants nothing. Are you always like this?" He asked, looking so done with me.

I laughed. "Take me to a grocery store for food. You'll see my ability to spend money within seconds."

"But then you are only buying things that we eat at home. You aren't getting anything for yourself." He shook his head, dejected. We sounded like a married couple. Butterflies in my tummy. Yeah.

"I was brought up that way Chim. My parents always taught me not to waste money on unnecessary things though we weren't poor. We were pretty well off but I never bought stuff that wasn't necessary." I sighed thinking of my parents. I ought to tell them about Jimin and I. That thought had been lingering in my mind since last night. We had taken the next step in our relationship and I hadn't yet told my mom about us.

"Jimin, have you told your parents about us?" I asked him softly.

"Yes. Of course." He replied immediately. I stood frozen looking at him in shock.
"Why? My mom has been nagging me to date for ages. You don't know how happy she is." He said, face showing how proud he was. What the hell?