Chapter 4: Ben's World

𝗕𝗲𝗻𝗻𝘆

It's Thursday morning 7:00 am.

I jog in a nearby park and enter my house. My dad is still sitting on the couch and reading newspaper.

Standing before him, I ask, "Dad ain't you tired of reading? You are sitting on the same spot when I went out."

"Son, art is long life is short." he says cooly.
"Oh, God! Save me from this old man." I pray.

My dad is a stay-at-home parent while my mom runs a hospice. I assume both would have met when the earth was upside down and I would have born when the moon turned red.

Because my mom and dad are always tom and jerry at home while I'm the Benny The Ball in Top Cat. When they lock horns, I sit and watch the freak show with a mouthful of popcorn.

After showering, I slip on my t-shirt and orange jacket and make my way to work.

My boss, Henry, seems so worked up today as he is signing a pile of files. He has got a big deal lately to service a fleet of trucks owned by a local company.

"Hi, Ben."James, my buddy greets me.

I reciprocate and go to my workspace. I unscrew the tailgate striker bolts and fit in a new replacement. It took a while after which James tag along with me to the break room.

"Why did you call in yesterday?" James asks.

"Well, I was sick."

I don't want to tell him I played video games all day. Because he may screw everything up spilling the beans to the boss.

After a few hours, I step out of the service center as my shift is over.