Chapter 52: Christmas Celebration

𝗕𝗲𝗻𝗻𝘆

Sandy never cares about my opinion that I don't want to disguise myself as Santa Claus. All my nightmares have come true. I like Santa a lot, but how those brats react to my Santa outfit is discernible. Oh God! Sandy has kept the secret to himself. And, he is gonna throw a slumber party today for all his close friends.

I stand before my dresser mirror, and stick my fake beard on my face. I try my Santa outfit and preen my curly beard.

"Darn, Sandy! I can hardly breathe with this suit on," I groan.

"What's up, son? What bothers you?" my dad's voice is closer.

If only you knew what's going on, you'll be having a belly laugh, you real Santa!

I slip off my new possessions and hide them in my closet. He contorts his face as I look at him with a grin on my face.

"Son, you look absurd! C'mon, tell me what's going on!" he pries.

"Dad! do you know something! You should know how to knock the door before entering other's room." As if I knocked when I stepped in Sandy's room during his first kiss!

I place my arm over his shoulders and drag him towards the door and say,

"Here you go, dad. This is how you knock," I demonstrate him.

"Son, you are pathetic! You ain't good at knocking too!" You have found out the reality for the first time in your life, you poor old man!

He taps the door with his fingers and says,

"This is how you do," he smiles a weak smile seeing my distraught face and escapes out of my room.

....

Gifts in hands, Sandy's friends enter his home, and settle on the big couch and dining table chairs. The place is becoming crowded and getting noisier, and I bet if the house was a being, it would have cried foul.

The pine needles of the huge Christmas tree are weighed down by decors such as baubles, snowflakes, stars, etc... The tree is lit brightly, and looks adorable. All the gifts are placed around it.

When everyone is busy chatting, I jump in and say, "Ho!Ho!Ho! Merry Christmas."

Every eye flickers over my appearance and all guess, "Is that Ben?"

Some impish girls poke my fake belly and wicked boys pull my fake beard. Thank goodness! They've spared meddling with my pants.

Sandy's mom has a knack for cooking delicacies, and I literally whiff the freshly baked cakes and cookies. My hands hover over them when his mom pats them.

"You ain't tasting unless the carols are over," she argues.

"Ok, aunty," I say like a well-behaved child with my eyes still on them.

Then, we gather up together to sing Christmas carols.

We begin as, "O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining,...."

Katie is in a state of consternation for me dressing up like Santa Claus. Perhaps, she misses my real self.

"O katie... sorry.... O Holy Night..." I keep singing the song.