Chapter 48: Alex's Chat

𝗧𝗮𝘀𝘀𝘆

As our day-to-day routine is mundane, we planned to take a breather in this weekend. The bonfire experience is entirely new to us which shows the lack of fun in our daily lives.

The aroma of freshly seasoned, smoked fish lingers in the air. All people gathered up around the bonfire, have a bite of the cooked fish.

The sound of the waves in the midst of the night renders a lullaby tune for us to sleep. The weather is conducive to the bonfire. A cool breeze blows over us making us to get a shut-eye.

Sandy nuzzles against me and rest peacefully. Katie is chafing her hands and keeps on talking with Ben who is grinning from ear to ear.

Alex comes toward Sandy and asks,

"Hope you are settled in here."

Sandy lifts his head and smile at him. He says,

"Well, this place is unbelievable. I'm totally enjoying it."

"I overhear Ben tell something about your vision to our friends. What's your plan ahead?"

"Mmm... I'd like to build a new hangar near Lakefront," he explains.

"Sounds like a great idea. When are you going to set it up?"

"Well, we are waiting for the sanction of a loan. If it gets a nod, we would be glad to start anytime soon," he looks at the waves.

"My uncle has an aircraft and for him it's hard to find a reliable hangar to store it," he picks up a small pebble and tosses it on the shore.

"We would like to help your uncle in case we have constructed our hangar ahead of time," he shrugs.

"Mmm...sounds great."

Sandy and Alex shares the views that with rising economy, owning an aircraft has become easier to some business people. In fact, Alex seems to have a knack for nuances in the aviation industry. He says if aviation were a country, it would be 20th in size by GDP.

Also, over a third of international trade is carried out by air. His knowledge wows Sandy and me, and Sandy is inclined to have him as his support guy in his business. He requests Alex to collaborate with him on his venture project. Alex says he would be glad to do it.

We stay in Alex's beach house for the night as he insists us. Sandy and Benny takes the guest room across the room that Katie and I share.

The next morning, we get ready and pack our things. We bid adieu to Alex who seems to be pleased by our visit. Slinging our backpacks over our shoulders, we tread towards Sandy's car.

He pulls out his car from the parking space near Alex's building and makes his way towards our homes. On the way, there is a drizzle which makes the weather even more pleasant.

Sandy plays his personal collection of music from Justin Bieber to Rihanna. When the music, "Towards the Sun" plays, we are actually nearing our places.