Chapter 17: The Meet-Up

Benny

I dunno why I've been called up for a meet up in an eerie place like Symphony. It's just a hole-in-the-wall that seems to have a good name in making lip-smacking burritos. I order them when Sandy appeared with his not-so-soon girlfriend Tassy.

"Hi, Ben" he says and takes a seat across me.

Tassy also sits down.

"Ben, this is Tassy and Tassy, this is Ben." He gestures with his hands.

We both greet each other.

"Wow, this is a nice place to start a conversation," Sandy breathes in.

"Yeah. I like the zombie graffiti here" Tassy lifts her head up.

Is she one of them? Man, it's grim as hell here.

"Okay, Tassy. Let me get this straight to you. Are you in?

"What?" She shrugs.

"Business... Project....your part" Sandy tries to jog her memory.

"Yeah.... I still don't know what to say." A server grabbing a plateful of burritos comes in and places it on the table.

Sandy continues.

"Well. What do you think you are going to do with your life after college?"

"Well..." She hesitates.

Then, she adds tucking her hair back, "I've applied for a curator internship in a nearby museum."

Sandy frowns.

"Are you kidding me. You are a dynamic person. You deserve more than that."

"Yeah... But getting a challenging job would be difficult."

"Okay.... If you were to get one, would you accept this offer?"

"Yes... But how am I be going to help you?"

"You always get in the groove of any job pretty fast, so we'd like you to help us as a public relations specialist."

"Ok, then. It's time for my shift. I better be get going."

"Thank you, Tassy for accepting my request to come here."

"It's not a big deal. But, it has been such a big deal for me." Sandy and I laughed in sync with the pun in it.

When Tassy has gone away, Sandy says, "You were desperately gorging on the burritos like anything. And, Ben, seriously, you don't have any table manners!" Sandy huffs and ruffles my hair.