Chapter 51: New Information

Tassy

Today is movie night.... Sauntering into the living room, I insert a CD in the DVD player that starts rolling. Amanda and I are sprawled on the couch watching the movie, 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'.

I tease Amanda that it's an apt movie for her insane mind.

"What do you mean by insane? You mean an insane mind for creativity? She perks up.

"No asshole... You really have to be in an asylum for all the drudgeries you cause me," I scoff.

"Well, you do nothing great, dear..." She shows a fake smile and adds,

"Just mopping up the floor. Cooking department is mine," he huffs.

"C'mon madhead, you ain't remember the last time you cooked you made a mess of the kitchen, and I have to clean up everything," I bite back.

"Ok, let's watch the movie," she gives up.

The flick has characters that draws me out to the other "peculiar" world. The time of the date 'September 3, 1943' keeps looping in a place in Wales, the UK --- like in the movie, Groundhog day, except things won't get repeated.

"What if you are stuck in a time loop?" Amanda asks me.

"Well, I don't know," I reply.

But, in my heart of hearts, I rather choose to spend zillion times with Sandy.

"Since I won't age, I'll put on make up everyday and...," when she continues,

"And, pose like Whistler's Mother," I tell her.

"Ugh....You dirty witch! Always making fun of me," She tosses the cushion towards me.

Our attention shifts to the door as the bell rings. Amanda gets up and sees through the peep hole. Then she rushes inside as if she has ants in her pants.

"Who is it, Amanda?" I get up and shout back.

"It's your bae," she announces from behind the bedroom door.

"Well, he ain't a monster, you boo-boo!"

"I know. But, I'm giving you some space to muah him," she sounds like a jerk.

I shake my head and unlock the door.

"Hi, Sandy!" I'm bemused as he shows up all of a sudden.

"Hi," he says and takes a step in and I step aside to let him inside.

"Do you know something? I've got the approval for loan sanction," he smiles.

"That's great! When did you get the approval?" I ask him.

"Today evening. I just now dropped Ben off at his home."

"Mmm...you were on edge and unsure of getting the approval. Look at you now. All smiles," I drag him to kiss him on his lips.

"You are right, Tassy! My dad has pledged his house for getting the loan, and if it hadn't been for him, it'd have been a fiasco," he utters.

"Don't exaggerate things. Still you would have found out a way out," I adjust his shirt collar.

"What about the crowdfunding idea?" he asks.

"Well, I've browsed through some websites and came across New Orleans Entrepreneur Week," I recount.

"What is that?" he queries.

"It's a one-week event for entrepreneurs like you. Most probably, held in the month of March," I inform him.

"Um...quite interesting," he says.

"And, it holds the largest crowdfunding event, 'Big Idea'," as soon as I say these words, Sandy's eyes light up.

In fact, after Hurricane Katrina, the big players have backed away from opening businesses in New Orleans. This has paved way for rise in entrepreneurs in the city.

"Well, this is music to my ears," he gives me a kiss.

He, then, retrieves his car keys from his pants and starts to get out.

"Goodnight, Tassy," he revs the engine and back out of the parking lot.